Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Treats

A day ago we got a lovely looking box [really is was ugly] that looked like it had been taped up by my father. The only thing missing was a thin rope tied tightly around the box to keep it secure and also to provide a handle for the mail carrier [so that rules out my dad]. The hand writing on the box for our mailing address and the return address was really pretty [this is how I know who the writer is] and written in all caps [this is how Piko knows who the writer is]. There is just a couple of characteristics one cannot escape when you are born a FUCHIGAMI. . . nice hand writing and a very securely taped up box [it was ugly because the box had to be converted from a very large box to a medium size one]. Well we also knew who sent it because my brother Kaleo wrote his and his wonderfully lovely girlfriend Michelle's names in the space designated for the return address. When Piko was finally able to rip open the box [literally rip open the box] the first thing we saw was BUBBLE WRAP. OH YES, before we even looked at what was inside I made Piko take the bubble wrap out and have the kids go for broke and pop every last bubble. Hence, the digi scrap page I made below.
Look at Keiko's face. . . she was having the best time. . . giggles from all three of them were heard throughout the house. They were getting so crazy with it that the house started to vibrate.

After I forced the boys to do some chores they were finally able to look through their bags of goodies.
First thing the boys got out and stuck in their mouths was the vampire teeth.

Kolu also wanted to put on the pirate tatoo right away. . . he said after his daddy put it on him, "this tatoo makes me feel strong!"

Kanalu got the coolest glow-in-the-dark skull necklace but his fave to play with is his light up eye ball. He bounced that thing all over the house and then Keiko stole it away when he was done playing with it.

They each got either a fun learning work book and for Keiko a coloring book, glow stuffs to wear, and tons of candy. . . I stole some and had a little sugar fix.

Keiko got a cute container of bubbles. . . the cap of the container has a whistle on it and she just squeeled with joy every time I either blew the whistle or bubbles at her [I had to hide it from her so she wouldn't pour the bubble juice all over the house]. You really can't see it in the picture. . . she wouldn't hold it up. . . but Keiko got the cutest ladybug back pack. . . I'm going to make he a lady bug costume for next halloween so she can match her back pack.

The kiddies thoroughly enjoyed their treats.

Thank you Kaleo and Michelle for spoiling our kiddies. We're so excited to see you for Thanksgiving.

Yes, to all my AZ friends I'll be back in AZ for Turkey day. If you haven't already please email me your # so I can give you a call when I'm there!


luvs and kisses, prayers and wishes!

7 comments:

  1. How sweet of him (your bro) to send them such a package. It is funny how something like bubble wrap could be the funnest part of the package. It probably was one of my fave things to do when I was young...Noise making is fun!!Hey the R.s. Conference is already on LDS.org if you don't want to wait....I always go there as soon as I can to get the talks.Maybe you already knew that...oooops

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun!!! I felt like I was there reading all the excitement! I just adore bubble wrap too, it entertains me until the last bubble is popped! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo! how fun to read about your kiddies' fun...AND about one of my fave buddies from my growing up years--Kaleo--all at the same time!! please tell your brother i said howzit?! ...and Michelle aloha!(even though i haven't met her--'cuz that's my wai`anae sistah/aunty aloha side)...

    hope you and your ohana are enjoying your evening!!!

    happy halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom sends a package for the boys every halloween, they love it and feel so special to get their own mail. :)
    Bubble wrap is my boys favorit thing in the world! Keiko looks so cute laughing in the picture.
    And yes we will be here for Thanksgiving... Kawika and his wife will come over for the weekend too. It would be so great to see you! give us a call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart bubble wrap, sounds like you had a blast, and tell your bro I want to be in the famili.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful family. Congrat's on the new little one. I think I may stalk your blog I hope you don't mind. Thanks for the shout out on the give away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oy da cute. And so thoughtful your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!