Friday, October 17, 2008

Kanalu Moments

Our little baby boy is growing up. I can't believe how time has flown by. . . I remember when he was Keiko's size and now he's big enough to carry Keiko on his back. He can cook rice and clean the toilets. He can read fairly well and we no longer can hide things from him by spelling words thinking he won't understand. He takes showers now instead of baths. He can eat two Jr. Bacon Cheese Burgers in one sitting. He makes up the rules for his little bro to follow when playing games outside. He corrects me when I'm wrong. . . I can't stand that. . . his most frequent line is "Well actually. . . ". He has a very active mind just like his daddy. . . he tends to go off on random tangents just like his daddy. He absolutely loves being the oldest.


The most exciting thing for a six year old happened two days ago. Kanalu's first baby tooth fell out. While he was showing his loose tooth to me I noticed that the permanent tooth was coming in already so I kinda just twisted it then he twisted it and then I twisted it and it came out. . . thank goodness, I would have hated to miss his big day while delivering the baby. I was so excited for the Tooth Fairy. Piko and I had the best talk about our own childhood experiences with the Tooth Fairy while waiting for the boys to fall fast asleep. It didn't take Nalu long to fall asleep but Kolu needed some extra care. . . very unlike him. While I read Kolu a bedtime story the Tooth Fairy came and took Nalu's tooth. . . Nalu sleeps on the top bunk so Kolu didn't even notice the Tooth Fairy's arrival and departure. She was working with a partner that night. . . her husband. He came later after Kolu was completely asleep and slipped a nice crisp dollar bill under Nalu's pillow. Piko figured that the dollar bill is lighter than the quarter he used to get. I think I got a dollar because I'm a light sleeper. . . even the thump of a coin on my mattress would have woken me up. I just love the innocence of childhood and all the fairy tales and happily ever afters. It makes life so much more blissful and whimsical. I think more so for the parents than the child!

Update on the upcoming delivery. So Piko has been a little more concerned than I have about the date I scheduled to induce. My doctor is going outta town the day after my delivery and Piko really wanted him to be the one to do the final check up before I got discharged from the hospital. . . I had a bad experience when I had Nalu because my Dr. wasn't there for my delivery and an intern took care of most of the delivery and discharge. . . I had to go to ER two days later because I had a huge blood clot that needed to be removed and we found that I was sewn up a little too much. So now you understand Piko's concern especially because my current Dr. is the best. . . he delivered Kolu, Keiko and now Lynea. So now instead of October 22. . . we will be inducing on October 21. One day earlier. . . hallelujah! She is getting so heavy and I'm getting so much more fatigued. My fatigue is why you've been seeing so many posts from me lately. . . I just have no energy to do much of anything else.

luvs and kisses folks!

6 comments:

  1. i know things will go good for the delivery of your baby girl. october is a great month to be born, just ask your brother in law, my brother and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header that is so neat. I love the moments of the kids too. Such a good mom!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, hannah can't wait til one of her tooth gets loose...she tries to wiggle em all the time! How Awesome that Lynea is joining us soooooon! BTW, Hi NT Leolani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First loose tooth! YAY. What a cute smile, I love toothless grins.

    I can't wait to see Lynea. I bet you can't either. Good luck and hugs. I will definitely have you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the due date is approaching quickly. My brother was born in October too, he was premature.
    I am so excited for you. Your baby will be the second blog baby that I will get to experience. I'm so excited!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, that you get to get induced early. I am excited to see pics of your new baby girl. I can't believe that it is already time, it seems like you were just announcing that you were expecting.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!