Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun stuff that happened within the last 7 days.

Last week we got some love in the mail from Piko's dad and Sherri. The kids were so excited. Keiko was especially excited to eat the fruit snacks. We used the Halloween stickers to put on the boys worksheets after they completed each one (fun times with home schooling). I'm reading the Toad and Frog are Friends book to Kolu for his daily reading. We're saving the Fat Albert Halloween movie to watch during the week of Halloween. We put the sticky bears up on the mirror by the front door. And the stars still have to go up on the boys' bedroom ceiling. Thank you Papa and Sherri for the fun filled package!!!


The same day we got the package I decided to decorate the inside of the house with some Halloween stuff that I've had for years now and have never used due to being pregnant all the time. Home schooling the boys gives me more of an excuse to get off my rump and do the things I think I have no energy for when really I'm just lazy.



Last Friday we made these fun little pics for our art project. Then I hung them in the window so the neighborhood can enjoy them too. I'm so amazed at how creative the boys are. They come up with some really great ideas on their own.



And yesterday before the first snow melted the boys managed to make a snowman all by themselves. This is their very first snowman made without any adult supervision. It started as a fight. . . Kolu was making me the biggest snowball and Nalu smashed it. So I made Nalu go back outside to help Kolu make another snowball that ended up becoming a snowman. They were so proud of themselves. Kolu was mad tho' cuz he didn't want the snowman to wear the hat. By the end of the day the snow man was nothing but a carrot on the grass. Kolu thought someone came and took the snowman away. That was a moment for a little giggle.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE packages from home! so glad you all are enjoying the gifts from home as a family! so fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!