Sunday, November 2, 2008

5 sick and 1immune

For the passed two weeks Keiko has had a yucky cold. I got it right before I delivered Lynea. Then I got better and had a great delivery. Keiko got better and now she's a coughin' and sneezin' and snottin' all over the place again. It passed on to Kanalu on Halloween. Saturday morning I woke up all excited to go to the UH vs. USU game in Logan and BAH. . . Keiko was worse, we discovered Nalu was sick and then we hear a little cough and sniffle coming from LYNEA. AHHHHH! I was beyond upset. Piko and I have been looking forward to this game since July. We were so bummed especially because it's been such a long time since we've seen our Logan friends. I was even going to make pumpkin cheese cake to take with us to share with our friends. AHHH!

I woke up this morning with a cough and runny nose. Then I look over at Piko who is sound asleep thinking oh no he's got it too. . . he didn't budge when Keiko came in this morning to wake him. Totally unlike him. . . he jumps at Keiko's every demand. So that makes 5 of us sick now.

Who's left to hold up the fort and take care of all of the infected. . . none other than the dirtiest, most germ infested child I know. . . KOLU. I have to constantly remind him to wash his hands and wipe his mouth. He eats things off the dirty floor. He drinks outta other people's cups. . . caring less about who the cup belongs to. He rubs his face against his blanky after having dragged it all over the place. He picks his nose and eats it for goodness sakes and he's the healthiest of us all. He rarely ever gets sick. Could it be because he takes long naps daily? Could it be that he likes to take baths? Could it be that his filthiness has built up his immune system?



I hope he's still well tomorrow. Piko goes back to work on Monday and is working 12 hour shifts all week. Kolu's going to have to take care of us. . . which means toast for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. haha!

Pray for me that I make it through this week!

I need to get these kids their flu shots asap.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, hope you guys get better. The more I read about Kolu, the more he reminds me of my Koa. So funny. Keep nursing that baby girl so her immune system can get stronger. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should learn something from kolu! I was laughing so hard at your plight! you are a funny story teller! LOL

    I am sorry that all of you are so sick. stock up on vitamin c or those cold pills that you take as you feel a cold coming on.

    too late, yeah. Advice given after the fact.

    I am a germaphobe. Really, but we have friends who are always cleaning their kids and not letting them enjoy the dirt, etc. They are the sickest kids I know!!! Clean but always sick.

    A little dirt won't hurt. My kids were always sick until they reached the age of two. I guess that was the age I gave up. LOL, jk.


    Bodies to learn to build immunities. I hope you enjoy your toast! Look at his beautiful face. He looks like he is up for the challenge to take care of you. So sorry you missed the game and if I lived closer I would take your kids and cook you dinner all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to see all your family so sick. It is the pits being the parent and managing when all you want to do is lay in bed! :) We really missed you on Sat but know that you needed some good rest. Take care and we look forward to your next trip to logan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds miserable! Especially since you have it too.. I know i wouldn't want to take care of anyone feeling that way.
    Hope it's over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear that you are all not feeling well. Not fun having to deal with that just after having a baby, and for Lynea to be sick to. Is Kolu still okay? Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope you all get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the besstest story ever!!!! THAT"S MY BUBBAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!