OK, so I tell him to go take a puff of my inhaler. He does and he feels better but is still weezing mildly which after about 5 minutes he starts to weeze more and then his body starts to tense up and he calls work and tells his boss he needs to go to the Dr.
He gives me this look of panic all of a sudden and tells me that he can't move his hands and his body is tingling. So I tell him I'll drive him... I pack up the kids in the car [Bubba was sleeping and I woke him up and yelled at him to "hurry cuz we have to take Daddy to the hospital" and the boy jumped outta bed ran straight to the Explorer and says, "I have shoes in the car Mommy." While Kanalu is taking his sweet time putting on socks, shoes and a jacket.
I'm driving to the hospital and Piko is in so much pain he's tearing up. I'm in control and get him into the ER. I fill out his paper work while the car is still running with a load of kids, parked in front of the ER. After filling out whatever necessary forms, I get the car parked and the kids inside the waiting room and sit worried outta my mind.
Lynea slept in her car seat the entire time. The other three were playing in this little play area for kiddies in the waiting room (thank you Davis Hospital for doing that). A sweet older woman comes into the waiting room dressed in scrubs and tagged as a hospital employee. She sees Kolu and hands him a little bag of Teddy Grams and looks and me saying, "Would it be alright if Great Grandma gives this young man a snack?" With a smile I say yes. She then notices Keiko and says, "oh my I need to get more for your other child" and then asks if it would be ok to bring them some chocolate milk too. . . then Kolu asks, "will you get some for my brother too please?" The sweet woman says, "Oh my there's another one, I'll be right back!" She returns with milk and more Teddy Grams. I then start to feel the pressure of caring for my children and my sick husband and get teary eyed. I force myself to suck the tears back into my tear ducts... I do not recommend this its very painful... because I can't panic the kids.
The kids finished their snacks and I changed Keiko's very wet cloth diaper... I ran outta disposables and was too lazy to buy more... I do not recommend going out with a child in cloth diapers without a plastic bag to put the dirty ones in... luckily I had one last disposable in the diaper bag. I can't wait any longer without knowing what is going on. I need to see Piko. The last I saw Piko he was tearing with pain, his left arm was cramped, he couldn't move his hands, his body was tingling, the back of his throat was tingling, his chest was contracting, and he was weezing. So I took the tribe with me after trying to call our cousin to come get the kids but I got her voice mail and I was hesitant to call my friend to come get them.
We went in to see their Daddy and he looked terrible. He couldn't get comfortable and he wouldn't calm down enough to breath slowly and calmly. The nurses came in soon after we arrived to take blood and give him a breathing treatment. He calmed a little during the treatment until he saw the needle... needles and Piko don't fit in the same equation. Eventually the nurse got his blood and he calmed down even more. So I left my hunny's side because the snacks' effect wore off and I needed to get the kids some food.
We didn't even make it to McDonald's because we stopped at Kmart to get some diapers... the cheap brand there are really good (didn't know that until today)... and Piko called to come get him, he was being discharged. We found out that Piko has EXERCISE INDUCED ASTHMA. . . ok we already knew that for a long time but Piko never went into the Dr. to be officially diagnosed (I personally think he did this in fear that he won't be deployable once he's got it in writing... if you read the previous post to this one you'd know that he really wants to be deployed).
To end our adventurous morning we went to get something to eat and they forgot the small fries in my order so I went back into the restaurant to get the fries and they gave me an extra large fries to make up for the mistake... nice. I got into the Explorer and told the fam what happened and Nalu says, "Good, or you could have said that's ok I'll slap you upside your head"[for not giving me my fries]. Where he got that one from only my family would know, heehee.
And for your entertainment after enduring such a long post... Kanalu and Keiko... take it away kiddos.
On Sunday after church Nalu really wanted to watch Napolean Dynamite. So we did and wow I forgot how stupidly funny this movie is. Kanalu had the best time watching it... I couldn't believe it. The best part was what is showing above in this short vid. ENJOY!
WOW, and you had time to post all of this!
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary time for you today! I can't imagine what that must have felt like to endure today!
Hope your DH is feeling better and you get some rest!
Wow, Sistoor, you really had a scare and how you kept it all together is beyond me......well not really, I think we all do fine under stress situations.....we got trained up GOOD!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and Piko and your hilariously FUCHIGAMI babees! I LOVE IT and K-Mart diapers ROCK, I remember those!
so glad he is ok! we always got diapers from sam's club. they were great diapers when the side sticks didn't come off! LOL, but they absorbed A LOT!
ReplyDeletewow! i was nervous for you! I hope he is ok now. brave woman you are!
ReplyDeleteWow Kanoe you are such a strong amazing lady. I'm glad that Pico is okay but am so impressed with you holding it together. Wish I lived closer to help out with the Kiddies.
ReplyDeleteok i am so good with not living in Utah!!! i will just wait in Las Vegas
ReplyDeleteHey I ♥ your blog :)
ReplyDeleteI read this yesterday and couldn't even think of words! So, I wanted to make sure I sent you some WARM az love to help you get through the craziness. Your spirit is so strong and you have just held it together so well. What's going to happen now? {With Piko?} Guess exercising is out!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am around on Fri/Sat of Thanksgiving weekend so I have to see you. I will go anywhere! YAY, I hope it works out!
That sounds like a crazy day. Thanks for leaving a comment, in my blog. I think I am going to erase that blog I was just venting. I hate that I have to tell the whole blog world to feel ahhh better. Yet I have found venting helps. I hope Piko is okay. I ahve that kind of Asthma too. Actually something is in the air because I had a really bad attack almost every night this month. That is why I am up now. Too early. Love ya and good to read about you all.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that Piko is ok. What an ordeal. That g'ma lady was such an angel. I'm so thankful for people like that. Sorry this is so late but I for got to reply about the family pic comment you left me. Yeah, I can do your pics if we can figure out a time that would work for both of us. I'm thinking maybe we can take your pics at the amphatheatre right across the stree from the Timp. Temple? Anyways let me know if you're still interested.
ReplyDeleteAloha,
Pume
First, I'm glad Piko--and all of you--are okay.
ReplyDeleteSecond, love, love, love that "grandma"...an angel among us for sure...
Finally, after all that intensity (and rightfully so), mahalo for that phrase that made me LAUGH.....OUT.....LOUD:
"Good, or you could have said that's ok I'll slap you upside your head"
...classic! hehheh
scary Pikos attack! I can see it all playing in my head only cause our kids are about the same age. I loved the slap upside the head comment! Hilarious!
ReplyDelete