So our Hawaii trip continues. I feel like I'm just going to drag these posts of our trip out until the new year. I just want to hang on to the memories so I don't lose track of our ultimate goal of moving back home. And guess where our choice town is. . . .look below at the pic of Piko. I must agree with Piko because I love Aiea. . . I love the shopping, the food, and the fact that it's central to everything on the island. . . just one down fall for me----- the beach is not easily accessible.
We headed down to Wai'anae to go swimming at Poka'i Bay after we drove by my old house and elementary school (I have more of a reason to get out and take a pic there. . . I was the student body president. . . but I guess I don't have as much school pride as my hubby). I didn't care to take a pic of my old house because it's lime green now and the yard is ugly. . . I like the memory I have of what it looked like originally. Oh Poka'i bay the memories I have there. I love that beach. . . eventually we started calling it doodoo bay because too many people started going there and made it all dirty. Now it's back to being less crowded and comfortable. This beach reminds me of my dad and Hawaiian Tropic no. 4 sun tan lotion.
We gave the kids and ourselves a shower at the beach and on our 30 min. ride to Hickam AFB the kiddies took a nap. We went grocery shopping at the commissary and then headed to our condo (time share is the bomb!) in Waiks.
The next day was Saturday and we went to the swap meet at da Aloha Stadium. . . oh yes we did not change the kids' clothes---they were still clean and who wants to do laundry while on vacation?! We saw our friends, Cam and Lohi and decided to meet with them and some more friends at Grace's in Aiea. I had my fav. teriyaki french fries (I wish I took a pic of that) and Curry Katsu Chicken. . . totally broke da mout good! I just wanted a mini but they made me a regular and let me tell you. . . I ate it all and was the happiest pregnant women alive at that moment! To add to that we went next door and got some ice cream from Dave's. . . I miss that place. Then we went to our friend Michele's house and played Rock Band and took naps. After that we went to Makakilo to our friend Pomai's house for a little bbq. I should have taken way more pics but I was so involved in the moment that the camera was the last thing on my mind. That was one full day and we had so much fun. . . I know that when we move back we will be super busy having fun with our friends and family there. . . after all that's how we are here, hence the constantly messy house --- always on the go never time to clean.
I hope someday I get to visit the places you are describing. the food itself looks fantastic
ReplyDeletePokai Bay...My fave childhood beach too! :) Ah the memories... Wish they still had Neneu shave ice across the street. That was my fave after-beach spot.
ReplyDeleteI remember your house too! Lime green, huh?! I know...kinda weird seeing your old home look so totally different--ours too...
I'm so excited we'll probably be in the same stake! ...and for once my insomnia is a good thing--I finally got to catch up on some good blog reading!!! :D