Wednesday, December 1, 2010

half a year of Piano :)



We wish Daddy could have been here to witness this... :)

Kanalu had his very first Piano recital!

OMG, can I just tell you how he was so grouchy about having to announce himself and how he absolutely wanted to grunt through his pieces every time he made a mistake...
OK I just did.

His wonderful teacher (she's in the pic with him below)
told him that he needed to be professional and just keep playing
because no one else knows what the song really sounds like :)

Now the question is ... did he listen to his teacher?
Watch this and find out for yourself :)
and notice the talking little girl...
who talked through the entire recital...
so glad the families were so nice and
as I said my apologies for little miss happy harmonies,
we all joked about how next recital should be a sing-a-long.


I seriously wish I had videoed his teacher telling us about each student as well.
She had such wonderful things to say about each of them and
they each got an award for their special ability ;)...

Here's what I remembered of what she said about Kanalu:
He has a piece memorized to play at almost every lesson.
He has great rhythm and musicality.
And he transposes his music without being showed how to do it
(that was my favorite comment)...

so he was given an award for great memorization :)
and a chocolate bar that
he said is for the whole family to share [tear]...
I'm seriously bursting with happiness because of this boy
and am going to take him to the store
and get him a special Lego storage box today...
(if you haven't seen these they are sold at Walmart for $9 each
and come with a 10x10 green lego base plate)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. He did great! I miss teaching. I wish I coul teach him. He sounded amazing and great memorization!!! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Noe for the posting!!!! We loved listening to you Nalu!! You did a great job!!! We are so proud of you! .... and now you are famous, you were on U-tube. Love Nani and Bumba

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!