Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Soul Delighteth



I am so thankful for the examples of living prophets today and of the prophets of old.

I was reading in the scriptures of a prophet who was so grateful and I thought to myself, "oh how wonderful to have such a great example to follow".

"...I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words... my soul delighteth in proving unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ...my soul delighteth in the covenants of the Lord...my soul delighteth in His grace, and in His justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of deliverance from death..." The Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 11.

I did leave out a "my soul delighteth" from this passage of scripture but that is for you to go and read for yourself :)

God gives us patterns to follow in life that will teach us of how to find happiness in this lone and dreary world and I believe this chapter in 2 Nephi is one of those patterns. I believe that when I find delight in the same things as Nephi I will have true happiness in this life!

I must remind myself that FAITH is an action word... to believe and act upon that belief. As I try so desperately to dig myself out of this hormonally imbalanced state of depression I am beginning to notice the other set of hands helping me dig :)

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and my soul delighteth in Him! Tis the season to be jolly! Mele Kalikimaka kakou!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!!