This one is a wish-come-true Wednesday...I often experience an overload of anxiety at night... my heart races, my head hurts, I feel the blood rushing throughout my entire body and I feel like I just ran 5 miles nonstop.
REALY early yesterday morning was one of those 5 mile run moments so I called my husband (who is stationed in Okinawa) because hearing his voice calms me. We did not speak of my feelings at all because it would have only made it worse. I just asked him how he deals with his stresses and concerns because he's usually always happy. He tells me that he takes control of the things he can do and then just disregards the things he can't control. In a way that helped me a ton and then I realized I'm the mother of 5 very dependent-indpendent (meaning they need my help but they don't want it) active young children and a lot of their behaviors I cannot control but I do not have the option of disregarding them {sweet sigh}. My sweet husband realized this when he hears them begin all in the same moment to cry and demand things from me @ 5 o'clock in the morning... and the most beautiful words come out of his mouth ... "Babe, have Kanalu (our eldest son) take the little ones in the other room so you can say your prayers and read your scriptures. Have a moment for yourself and then when you are ready then you can take them all down stairs to have breakfast. I know you are stronger than you think you are. You can do this. I'll be home soon. I love you and I know that when you pray and read your scriptures you will have a good day." (We are in the midst of getting overseas clearance for Piko to get his orders to be stationed at Hickam AFB on 'Oahu and that leaves me with a whole lot of paperwork, doctor and dental appointments and making sure it is all done perfectly so that the military board finds no discrepancies and it all needs to be done NOW so we can be together again [smiley].)
Let me tell ya... I fell in love with that man all over again! My spirit needed to hear that from him. His love for me is better than any medication!
Flowers and gifts are always nice but the recognition and affection behind those gifts is what really gets me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments!!!