Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thank you Kapa'a 2nd Ward for being so AWESOME!

I truly have more than enough to be thankful for and
if I listed them all it would take forever for anyone to read it.

This week I am feeling the impact of how much ALOHA there is on the island of Kauai...
not just from our blood relations but from our church 'ohana as well!
We are overwhelmed with much gratitude for all that our Uncle Harrom Kaili
and his daughter Allison have done for us in caring for our home .
I just can't help but express it publicly.
I don't mean to be putting them on the spot but
I can't help but shout from the "blog tops" with joy for all the love
and support they have shown us in going out of their way
to make it possible for us to move into our home with less worry and stress.
The compassion we have felt from them is immense.

And we especially would like to say a extra special MAHALO to the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Kapa'a 2nd Ward for helping out with THIS:

Helping Uncle Harrom clean up, paint and then clear most of our property!

This is our kitchen...


...before they painted...


...it looks well kept before...


... but a fresh coat of paint always...


...makes it better! This is the after of the kitchen.


Our living room before...


... and now after...


... I'm so excited to put the entertainment wall unit my parents are giving us against that wall :)


Here is the hallway leading into the bedrooms and bathroom before....


...and now after... much brighter!


The master bedroom before...


... a different wall in the master bedroom after.


A sample of the bathroom before...


...and now after :)


This is a bedroom before...


...and that same bedroom after.


The third bedroom before...


...and after.


This is makai side (ocean side) of the house before...


... and after... there was a whole lot of land hiding under all that brush.


I think this is behind the house a bit... before...


...and after... notice the same coconut tree :)


As you can see this is the front of the property taken from the street before...


...this is infront of the property taken from the house toward the road at an angle before...


...and finally the front of the property after... WOW!

They did a ton and we are so grateful... Mahalonui i ka pomaika'i! We are truly blessed to be able to live in such an amazing ward... thank you again to Uncle Harrom and a special thanks to Bishop Paleka and to whomever the backhoe belongs to!






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I was in Kaua'i just a few weeks ago!! (My husband had a conference there and I went with him.) We even went to church in Kapa'a on Sunday, too! I wish I had thought to meet up with you, that would have been awesome! Well, I guess that just means I'll have to come back soon.

    I love love love loved it there. You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!