Friday, December 17, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas...

On Tuesday I took all 5 keiki to Luke Air Force Base to go over our overseas clearance to be stationed at Hickam AFB in Hawaii. We went to the BX first to get some lunch... during the lunch rush. People were looking at me with pity in their eyes and I just smiled with delight to finally be able to handle them all by myself in public. They were super stars and followed my lead.

After lunch we rushed to our appointment with the medical board to go over our paperwork... which I'm happy to say we had everything and then some for them to be able to approve us... (I wasn't going to go through my first experience again when I thought we covered everything to go to Okinawa last time but Okinawa didn't think so)...thankfully we're going to Hawaii where they have more than enough specialists to care for our medical needs.

At the end of our meeting I was told that it would take two weeks for it all to process and that this paperwork had to go to Kadena AFB to get approved then to Hickam AFB for final approval and that it would take 2 weeks after Hickam got it. UM, I about passed out. I must have looked like a deer in headlights and I totally forgot what Piko told me to say if this was to occur... so I just opened my mouth and said "our report no later date is 10 January, we need orders now so I can schedule TMO (the movers) and we were hoping to have him home for Christmas." The reply was, "well you are going to have to tell your husband that he is going to have to call them at Hickam and have them move his report no later than date to, well, later."

The hero of the day, the person that has been helping me with all this paper work... Senior Airman Barnard (bless her heart)... stepped in and said, "I am going to send this directly to Hickam and stamp it EXPEDITE... however they still will have 14 days to respond so it'll be in their hands from there. I will try my best to get this sent to them today."

She gave me hope and I left that room happy yet concerned.

We went back to the BX for haircuts and fun so I forgot about how I as feeling... until...on the drive home, while listening to the Christmas station on the radio, the song "I'll be home for Christmas" started to play. The tears started to fall and I began to tell myself that Christmas is just another day and it'll be Christmas when he does arrive no matter if it's after the actual Christmas day.

The next day Sr.Airman Barnard called me to tell me that the department's computer system was down and she could not send our paperwork to Hickam but would do it first thing on Thursday.

You would think I would be down just like those computers but I chose to continue to concentrate on making it Christmas when he does arrive.

Thursday came and I thought of our situation only for a bit because Kawika is teething and I just didn't have time to think of anything else but him and then my chiropractor appointment and then getting skittles for Bubba's class party that is going on today.

I fell asleep early at 6:30 pm (I do that often), thinking that Piko is going to call me. Then at 9:30-ish... my phone rang and it was Piko... and he said... Airman Barnard ROCKS (he even emailed her back telling her that)... she emailed him our paperwork... he turned it in and he got his orders and she informed him that I would get a copy today. Then in his usual way of drawing out the suspense he said a few things that I don't remember because all I heard was, "I'll be leaving Kadena on DECEMBER 25th"... and I said, "then you will arrive in AZ on DECEMBER 25th"... he then replied, "25 Decmeber at 1pm". We'll have Christmas on Christmas day after all.

I truly BELIEVE in miracles. I honestly don't want anything for Christmas this year... ...anything more than just to be in the arms of the love of my life... Kaupiko {sigh}.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I AM NOW BAWLING LIKE A BIG BIG BABY!!!! MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG HUGS!!!!! So happy for you and your family. Finally you get to be together! Best Christmas EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!!!! thanks for sharing Fuchi. This year has been such a challenging year for my family (Sam's 14yr old nephew recently diagnosed with cancer). This holiday season has become much more personal for me than ever before. After reading your post, I'm reminded again of gratitude, not for just being able to be together with my family but for those that are separated from their love ones to serve and protect our country. Thank you, I'm reading and I'm just in tears:) I love happy endings.. truly a christmas miracle. Have a great holiday my friend, I miss you. Larvinia Sopoaga Niko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I am so glad that you get to be together and for your testimony, too! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What a perfect gift! I'm so happy for you and your ohana. Even though Christmas would still be whenever Piko came home, it's very heart warming that you guys will all be together on the actual day. And yes...Airman Barnard ROCKS! I LOVE people like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm teary eyed too. so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got your hubby home! And that you are moving to the home where you belong :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!