Yes everyone, I'm still not done with reading No Doubt About It by Sheri Dew. It's such an extremely spiritual book I can only absorb a couple of pages a day. . . there is so much to ponder and think about between the covers of this book. I have to share this passage with all of you from the last paragraph of page 113:
"If we hope to avoid the distractions and deceptions of the adversary; if we hope to feel peace even when life's circumstances are troubling; if we hope to have divine direction for our lives, it is vital that we learn to hear the voice of the Lord. Yet too often we fail to seek and ask. Perhaps we don't know how and haven't made it a priority to learn. Or we're so aware of our personal failings that we don't feel worthy, don't really believe the Lord will talk to us, and therefore don't seek revelation. Or perhaps we've allowed the distractions and pace of our lives to crowd out the Spirit. What a tragedy! For the Holy Ghost blesses us with optimism and wisdom at times of challenge that we simply cannot muster on our own. No wonder one of the adversary's favorite tactics is busyness--getting us so preoccupied with the flurry of daily life that we fail to immerse ourselves in the gospel of Jesus Christ."
When I read this I thought of how caught up I've been in everything else these passed two weeks that I've not taken the time out for my Heavenly Father to guide and direct me through the chaos and irritations like I should have. . . I shouldn't be making time for prayer and scripture study. . . that should be automatic in my life. . . I should be making time for the other things in life after I've conversed with the Lord for the day.
Life flies by too fast. . . without the Lord's guidance how do we know if we are making the most out if it?!
Man I gotta get that book...that was awesome and i needed that so much! Thanks for being on top of things!
ReplyDelete