This past weekend we went to Provo to visit some of our closest friends and so Piko could play with his buddies. They went to their favorite paint ball spot to have a game on. While he was having fun with the boys us girls just hung out and took care of the babies. . . most of them can take care of themselves so it was quite easy. It was so nice for me to be able to talk and laugh with the girls. Anyways when the guys were done we were going to have them care for the kids so us girls could go out but they couldn't agree on what to do with them cuz they are all different ages and the funds aren't abundant. And us girls couldn't decide what we wanted to do either. So Piko and I took our kiddies to McD's for an ice cream and fun in the play yard while everyone else went to the nicklecade (the kids were on the xbox and wii all day we weren't about to let our kids play more video games, they needed some physical activity). Kanalu decided he wanted a snack wrap instead of an ice cream and Piko ate Kolu's ice cream for him cuz all he really likes is the cone. . . what a silly boy. Keiko had french fries and Kahalekomo #4 had a parfait via my blood stream.
Then we went to our Auntie Dora's to hang out and I just went to sleep. I've had this horrible cold that's now in my lungs. When I seem to be getting better I go out and then get worse.
I wish I felt better so I would have thought to take a pic of the amazing meat loaf that Auntie Dora made. It was amazing. . . it had ground beef, ground pork, ground pork sausage, bologna, spam and parsley in it. It was one of the best meat loafs I've ever eaten.
This is what I learned this weekend from chatting with my friends and family. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Just listening means more than giving advice. Learning from other's life lessons saves a lot of heart ache. Finding a friend that has experienced a similar situation as you is worth more than gold. Faking that you are sleeping is so dishonest. . . you know who you are! Home cooked meals taste way better than any expensive restaurant. Staying up late getting to know each other is worth the headache the next day. Don't let anyone talk you out of what you really want, especially when you are redoing your kitchen. Where there's a will there's a way.
Aren't good friends the best? I think they keep you sane and humble. McD's is definately the place to give the kids and you a break from each other:)
ReplyDeleteHow come i didn't know you are prego???? Hello!!! congrads! That's so freaking awesome! WE have some super friends moving up there from here, can i give her your number? can you email me again with it...bikenmiken@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! Baby #4! I want to be prego with #4. All in the lords time huh?
ReplyDeleteAnd there is nothing better than a friend to listen to you and to listen to. You keep the sanity that way. :) So you are remodeling? So you ended up getting that house then huh? Good for you. :) Hope your kitchen is all that you want it to be. :)