Saturday, June 7, 2008

Trifle Anyone?!

P5030011P5030012P5030013
So I've been actually thinking about blogging during my absence because I've been taking pics of my creations as well as thinking about what I'd type but just didn't muster up the energy to actually do it. So back in April I made some trifle for my stampin' up club that I was hostess of that month. It was so good that Piko. . . my non cake eater loved it. This is my mom's recipe with a little of myself in it.

Pineapple cake mix (any cake mix will do)
two banana split snack pack pudding packs (eight individual servings. . . or pudding of your choice)
two strawberry snack pack jello packs (eight individual servings. . . or jello of your choice)
one small can of pineapple chuncks
one small can of mixed tropical fruits
one large container of extra creamy cool whip
six peeled and thinly sliced kiwi or any other fruit you desire.

After baking and cooling the cake cut into thin slices to place at the bottom of a 9x13in pan. Be sure to save the same amount of cake for the top layer as well.
Spread pudding across the cake layer. Chunk up the jello out of the little containers they come in then layer it onto the pudding evenly. Then drain the cans of fruit and layer it onto the jello evenly. Layer the thin slices of cake you saved onto the fruit. Spread the cool whip over the cake layer and place your sliced fruit.

This is the easiest pretty dessert ever. I love it. In fact for mother's day I made a chocolate version of this with just bananas and strawberries minus all the other fruits and it was even better.

The pictures at the top is half of this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. yummy. It looks so good. I love the song you have on here too. I am home from church prego sick and that just picked my spirits up. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very yummy! Sorry to hear about your Dad. How scary! With me pregnancy and lots of books seem to go hand in hand! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!