Monday, June 9, 2008

My first weekend in May

The first Saturday in May was the best starter of that month. I got to go to a Scentsy party at my friend Jen's house while Piko took the kids to Kanalu's school carnival. I made sure Piko took pics so I wouldn't miss a thing.

If you have never heard of Scentsy you must find a way to smell it. Scentsy has these cute wax warmers and bars of scented wax. When we moved into our home last year our realtor gave us a Scentsy warmer and "sticky cinnamon bun" Scentsy bar. I totally fell in love. The previous owners of our home were smokers. . . we couldn't tell when we looked at the house because it was freshly painted and the carpet was ripped out and now has hard wood floors. We found out after we started the furnice this winter and got a big wiff of cigarette smell. We gotta get our vents cleaned for sure before next winter. I'm thankful for that great house warming gift because those sweet smelling Scentsy bars are the best. I've tried other scented wax bars and they just don't hold the smell for more than an hour or two. One little piece of a Scentsy bar lasts for several weeks. I love it. I bought six different scents at Jen's party. . . there was a special if you buy six you get 'em for the price of five. Go check out scentsy.com to find a distributor near you!!!

So while I was enjoying smelling yummy scents Piko was taking pics of the boys playing at the school carmival. Here are the shots he got.

P5030030P5030027P5030026P5030024P5030023P5030020P5030019P5030018P5030017P5030016P5030015P5030014

That was quite a great morning and then in the afternoon we went to our cousin Mahea's house and helped them a little bit with cleaning their back yard. Aunty Wilma. . . Mahea's mom. . . made the yummiest hamburger patties. . . she had terriyaki sause, green onion, and oatmeal in the ground beef. After it was cooked it tasted so good in between a bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and bacon. Mmmmm, now I want one for lunch!


There's nothing better than starting off my birthday month with great smells, great pictures, great opportunities to serve, great family, and grrrreat food.

2 comments:

  1. I love the music from your youtube. Who are they and can you buy any albums. I love Scentsy as well though i must say that I have never bought one myself. But I enjoy my fam and friends scentsys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys are surprisingly from Mesa AZ. I got the youtube forwarded to me on facebook and I thought I recognized the kid in the middle's voice. It reminded me of this guy I went to high school with and wow it ended up being his little brother. All three of these guys just graduated from Mesa High in AZ this year and the middle one, Adam Ashby, is going on a mission in July to Spain. How fun is that! So they probably won't have an album for at least 2 years.

    When's your birthday girl? We need to get you a scentsy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!