Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

P5080034P5080037P5080035P5080036P5080038P5080039
As you can tell I'm still catching up on posts. Mother's day started off rough considering I had to wake up with the baby and I was so angry because Piko stayed up all night before playing World of Warcraft and was not even prepping for my special day. I was so upset I literally threw Keiko on him as she screamed and as he slept so soundly. What a humbling experience for him and he quickly got up and took care of the kids so I could get a couple more winks in before I got ready for church. All I can say is that the Lord really loves my man because He blessed him with other people in my life to make me a happy mommy. I had the best day at church with my Sunday School class and in Relief Society. I was a totally different wife when we got home from church. Two days later I got my mother's day gift in the mail. It was a Magic Bullet blender thingy. I've wanted one for so long especially because our blender broke. . . I super love smoothies and shakes.

My favorite shake has to be an avocado shake. . . don't gross out until you try it. After all an avocado is a fruit. . . you get half of a small avocado, a cup of vanilla yogurt, 3 cups of milk,1/4 cup sugar or more if you want, a banana if you'd like and blend it well. It is so good. Add some ice to make it into a smoothie. Now if you are using a magic bullet you have to half this recipe for all the ingredients to fit into the serving size container it uses.

On Saturday before Mother's day we had a little gathering at Piko's mom's house. It was so fun. That's when I made my chocolate trifle and it was so yummy. I also made a fun set of blocks for my mom-in-law and also my own mother. My kids call my mom-in-law Nani (by her request and they took to it quick) and they call my mom Tutu (grandma in Hawaiian). This was a super easy and fun project. I used a Stampin' Up scrapbook set, wood blocks I bought from Michael's, I painted the blocks after sanding 'em, some pics of the kids, some mod podge to adhere the paper and pics to the painted wood blocks and some mom quotes that I found online. After I adhered all the paper and embellishments to the blocks I put a layer of mod podge over everything. . . well except whatever ribbon I used because I didn't want the ribbon to get stiff. I think this project would be great for Father's day too especially if your dad or hubby has a desk job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!!