Wednesday, June 16, 2010

01-11-10 Kawika's journey into this world


Two weeks before I was scheduled to induce labor I started having regular contractions 10 mins apart. My in-laws had just returned from Germany and hadn't unpacked yet, in fact, my mother-in-law hadn't even slept yet. I called them to let them know I was having regular contractions and that I may need them to come get the kids. But instead of taking the kids they decided to stay with me. They stayed with me for 4 days and no baby. My sweet, understanding Dr. changed my induction date to a week sooner because I was all ready to go but not quite ready enough and I was having some very uncomfortable back pains.

On 01-11-10, I went into the hospital and started the labor process. I've done this 3 other times (with our eldest we didn't induce) and had wonderful experiences but this time it was different for several reasons but mostly because I was without my wonderful husband to hold, laugh at/with, to get ice for me, to watch him eat Arby's while I concentrate on contractions, to play music for me, to get mad at, to talk about our future together, to fall in love with all over again... etc. etc. etc.


[Here I am ready and happy to lighten my load and hold our little munchkin.]



[Here's Piko via Skype... he looks grumpy but really wasn't. He was just super tired because it was the middle of the night in Korea.]

When it was time to start pushing the laptop was over heated because we had been online together for the majority of the morning so the laptop kept shutting down... so in the middle of pushing I was adjusting the internet... my sister-in-law was with me and she tried to fix it but no luck... so we talked on the phone through all the pushing... let me tell ya, Piko is the bomb delivery coach. I felt like I could have made a touch down but Kawika would not come out!... Kanalu took 30 mins of pushing because he was my first child, Kolu took 15 mins, Keiko and Lynea each took 10 mins but our dear Kawika took 45 mins of pushing because he was trying to come out face first looking the world straight in the eyes. He was also stuck on my hip. So I cranked back my right leg and pushed on my side with my right hand and then pushed with all my might while I was holding the phone with my right shoulder and he started to come out. The Dr. didn't want to use forceps because he didn't want to hurt Kawika's face but Kawika managed to bruise himself pretty bad with the position he was in.


[Here he is our Kawika Ho'oikaikainamakanapau'ole freshly arrived into the world already lookin' like he got into it wih Mike Tyson.]






[The first 2 images that Piko saw of his son after he was born.]


[Now he is 5 months old and healthy with with only a light birth mark right above his left eyebrow to show how he struggled to get into this world.]


And of course this isn't all I have to say about my little adventure without my husband... so stay posted because this is to be continued :)

ps... I'm no longer on FB... I play too many games on there when I should be recording my family history here :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i loved the update on him and he is so beautiful! oh shoots why you gotta go shame me like that! LOL, actually blogging is so hard because it takes me a long time to upload! soon we should be getting 4g in the area.
    please come back to FB, who else will teach me pidgen? look i can't even spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I knew I'd track down your "disappearance story" somehow! You are sooooo INSPIRING I tell you!!! You make me wanna be a better wife, mother, woman, etc. etc.! And also, I just wanted to mention that Austin came into the world face presentation too and his first shots were HORRID! He had swollen face, swollen shut eyes..Ai, was so pooah ting! Love you NoeNoe!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!