Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm back part III

Today was Nalu's first day of first grade. I don't know who was more nervous me or him. . . ok I was. I had no problem sending him to kindergarten but since he's moved to a different school I'm so extremely nervous for him and how the other children will interact with him. I've lived in a world of a false sense of security because of the military for so long and now that Nalu is attending an off base school I'm totally fearful of the world around me. If someone's kid messes with mine there will be no repercussion from a First Sergent, I have to deal with it and I don't like to get angry because it's not a pretty sight. I wish I would have gotten the variance for Kanalu to stay at his old school. . . I'd feel so much more at peace. Ok so there are some good points about the new school. . . it's closer, my friend is the PTA president, they serve breakfast in class at 9am and the principal seems just as nice as the principal at the other school. The school's open house is on Wed night so hopefully I'll be feeling better about this change after that.

Through Nalu's perspective he had a good day. . . he got a bloody nose today cuz he picked out a big booger. He's decided he doesn't want to make any new friends and just concentrate on learning. . . that's a bit strange but I think he's trying to cope with not making any new friends today by saying that. When I asked him if he likes the school he said yes even though he said he didn't have as much fun as he wanted to. We'll see what happens within the next couple of days. . . after all Nalu is so emotional. . . I wonder where he gets that from?!

P8250410

Kolu did something funny last night. After we got home from our friends' baby blessing which was so wonderfully spiritual. . . thank you Elvin and Callie for sharing such a beautiful moment with us and for the great food afterwards. Baby Kaleo is so handsome and such a sweetheart. Ok again. . . after we got home from the blessing Kolu went to the bathroom to change his clothes and what not and came out with a bloody upper lip. I thought maybe he'd picked his nose and it got bloody. . . yes both of my boys have an awful habit that ends up bloody. . . well I looked closer and notice that there were four distinct marks in a row, one on top of the other. . . I then asked Kolu, "did you use daddy's razor?" He just shrugged. I smiled and asked again. He frowned and said,"yes". I wanted to start laughing but instead I said, "you need to apologize to daddy now for using his things without asking". So he did and Piko wanted to throw a fit but decided to calmly tell him not to do it again and had me put some neosporin on it. I then told Kolu, "Boy, you don't even have a mustache to shave so don't do that again ok." He smiled and went his merry way after we patched him up. That was a classic moment of a little boy wanting to be just like his daddy. Definitely one we'll never forget.

P8250414

P8250411

On with more about our trip to Hawaii. On our last few days on Kaua'i we made it a point to see Piko's dad as much as we could. We met him at the Waialua River Marina, where he drops off his tour for a boat ride up the river, and had fun taking pics in the bus he was driving. His actual bus is featured in the new Ben Stiller movie Tropic Thunder.

Here's what I scrapbooked so far. The next post will feature what we did on 'Oahu.

4 comments:

  1. You lucky ducky Girl, going back to the lil grass shack. I miss you on bebo, so this is where you are ...me 2 ...well I found you on Rosakers page. I just thought I'd stop and say Hi! Ur Keki is sooo pretty-full...Bumbye

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stinker! I am so jealous of you! We didn't make it back this summer and I am drying out. My sis them live on Oahu now so I am really sad we didn't get over there. :( I am glad you had fun though...Miss you! KD:)
    By the way...my girls just asked Who are those boys? (They both (the two older ones) had dumb looks on their faces when they asked this. I know they are already checking out boys!) Umm...any arranged marriages by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello have no idea if you remember me I went to highschool with you, Stephanie staples just wanted to say hi, It has been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look!
    You look so beautiful all pregnant!
    I wanted to read all of your blog and wanted to comment on all of them.... but just picked the last one! Busy Busy months for both of us! Cant believe how quickly your kids are growing! I think they've doubled in size since I started reading your blog!
    Tommie

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!