We were on Kaua'i for a week. It would have been longer if it wasn't for the delay in getting to Hawaii from Cali but I'm not complaining because the flight was FREE! So the adventure begins and you will soon notice that our vacation is centered around food, folks and fun. Yes, nearly every morning that we were on Kaua'i we went to McDonald's for a meal you can only get at the Hawaii MickeyD's. . . Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice breakfast. Piko was in heaven and so was I because I didn't need to cook. After two mornings of our heavenly breakfast. . . Kanalu and Kolu wanted one of their own. . . no more sharing and they ate it all.
To add to our food centered vacation after we spent the entire day at Lidgate we went straight to Lihue for our favorite saimin place Hamura's. OMG, if you've been to Kaua'i and haven't been to Hamura's you have to go next time. It's a real local favorite and is a totally old school local place to eat. We love it tons. In fact after I was done scrapbooking this page I was so craving their won ton saimin and I am again.
Piko's cousin's own this restaurant in Waimea called the Shrimp station. . . you couldn't miss it while driving through Waimea. They make some good garlic shrimp. Anyways, we stopped there to say hi and ended up with some food for ourselves and to take to their grandma whom we call Aunty Jenny. We stopped by her place to say hi and she checked out the back of each of our children's heads. She saw my big pregnant stomach and said, "Ahh you having another girl." Nuff said about why we love Aunty Jenny. The boys enjoyed helping Piko pick some mango from Aunty's giant tree. . . I enjoyed eating them later. We had a short but nice visit.
Sadly we didnt' make it all the way up to Koke'e to see Waimea canyon. We were planning to meet Piko's dad up there. He drives a tour bus and as we were going up he was coming down. I'm so glad we didn't go all the way up because with Piko's driving and the smell of garlic shrimp in our car I was getting really nauseated. So Piko turned around and stopped on the side of the road so I could rest my stomach and he took the kids on a little path that over looked the west coast. It was beautiful from where I was seated in the car. . . smelling mangoes and then I started to eat them because it was making me feel way better. The above page is of the fam walking up the trail back to me in the car. I love that we can rarely get a pic of Kolu making a nice face. . . he's such a monster.
We love Papa's house. It smells like vanilla (he hangs those vanilla tree car scents all over the place) and is so cozy. Yet he is getting too fragile to keep it clean and organized. He is one reason we'd like to move to Kaua'i. . . . he needs someone to help him take care of his home so he can live the rest of his days a little more healthy. We love you Papa and we're so grateful for Tutu Malia for taking care of you when you need to go to the doctor and need some tender loving care.
This is all that I've scrapbooked for now. There are several pages more to scrapbook of our stay on Kaua'i. . . including Opaika'a falls and Piko's dad and his bus. Stay tuned for more.
Piko's cousin's own this restaurant in Waimea called the Shrimp station. . . you couldn't miss it while driving through Waimea. They make some good garlic shrimp. Anyways, we stopped there to say hi and ended up with some food for ourselves and to take to their grandma whom we call Aunty Jenny. We stopped by her place to say hi and she checked out the back of each of our children's heads. She saw my big pregnant stomach and said, "Ahh you having another girl." Nuff said about why we love Aunty Jenny. The boys enjoyed helping Piko pick some mango from Aunty's giant tree. . . I enjoyed eating them later. We had a short but nice visit.
Sadly we didnt' make it all the way up to Koke'e to see Waimea canyon. We were planning to meet Piko's dad up there. He drives a tour bus and as we were going up he was coming down. I'm so glad we didn't go all the way up because with Piko's driving and the smell of garlic shrimp in our car I was getting really nauseated. So Piko turned around and stopped on the side of the road so I could rest my stomach and he took the kids on a little path that over looked the west coast. It was beautiful from where I was seated in the car. . . smelling mangoes and then I started to eat them because it was making me feel way better. The above page is of the fam walking up the trail back to me in the car. I love that we can rarely get a pic of Kolu making a nice face. . . he's such a monster.
We love Papa's house. It smells like vanilla (he hangs those vanilla tree car scents all over the place) and is so cozy. Yet he is getting too fragile to keep it clean and organized. He is one reason we'd like to move to Kaua'i. . . . he needs someone to help him take care of his home so he can live the rest of his days a little more healthy. We love you Papa and we're so grateful for Tutu Malia for taking care of you when you need to go to the doctor and need some tender loving care.
This is all that I've scrapbooked for now. There are several pages more to scrapbook of our stay on Kaua'i. . . including Opaika'a falls and Piko's dad and his bus. Stay tuned for more.
How fun to go to Kuaui! That is by far our favorite island! We have been to Hamura's before! I can't imagine how hard it would be to tour around the island being pregnant. You are a trouper. I hope you do get to live there. Thank you for sharing your story andpictures!
ReplyDelete