I've been on vacation for the month of July and only now I've unpacked and am straightening up my house. I just needed to keep my feet up for about a week to recover from the plane ride and car ride and blah blah blah!
Let me tell you we had quite the adventure. We drove to Travis AFB in California (Sacramento area) to catch a FREE military flight to Hickam AFB in Hawaii. It was the only way we were able to afford to go home for a family reunion and some fresh air. When we got to Travis (gorgeous base) we found out that the next flight to Hickam was going to be the next day so we got a hotel and made the best of the beginning of our vacation. Well three days later and 2 more hotels and a night in the USO (military lounge in the passenger terminal) we finally got on to a plane (cargo plane which had passenger seats instead of cargo nets thank goodness). We managed to get on a flight from 'Oahu to Kaua'i (thanks to our dear friend Michelle`) and made it for the last day of our family reunion. We had way too much fun. We went all over Kaua'i (well as much as you can drag three kids and a pregnant mama around) and showed the kids where their Daddy grew up.
Here are some of the scrapbook pages I've completed so far.
While we waited for an available flight to Hawaii from Cali we had some fun in the hotel pool. I'm so grateful that we belong to the Star Vacation Club. . . they saved us so much $$$ on hotels and rental cars throughout our trip.
Here we are after church in Kekaha with Piko's Papa. He is one of Piko's favorite people in the whole wide world. The kids love their tutu man.
While driving through Omau to find where my mom grew up, we came across Piko Rd. Of course we had to take a picture just for Piko's sake.
Right after we were done with Piko Rd we took the kiddies to the beach. They had so much fun but the hotel pool seemed to be more inviting to Kanalu and we had to convince him that swimming in the ocean is way better because you can run around and the life guard won't scold you. Bubba just loved the sand. He kept rolling around in the sand and his face would get totally covered. When we got home from this great vacation we cleaned the kids ears and let me tell you half the sand in Hawaii came out of Bubba's ears. Keiko just loves to be in the water and enjoys digging in the sand with her pink shovel.
Stay tuned. . . I'll continue the story of our vacation as I complete more scrapbook pages of our trip.
So Awesome! I'm so glad you had a good time on your trip, those HOPS are the way to go! I will probably be using it to get to Korea to see Steve next year! I was starting to wonder where you went, cause I didnt see a post in such a long time! Welcome back! I took forward to seeing you in a few months! Much love-Aud
ReplyDeleteSo fun-I'm glad you were able to get to Hawaii and at least a day of your reunion. How long were you there total? Was is worth it waiting? I so can't wait to go there or get based there. Phil's friend got based there again. Lucky duck!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to be gone for a month, how is your pregnancy going? Thanks for letting me steal the image game, it was fun.
ReplyDeleteI am so sad that we didn't make it to the reunion. We had tickets, but the airline went bankrupt. :( It was a sad hard thing for me. Glad that you got to go and enjoy all the memories of your childhood. We found out we are having another little boy! Any suggestions for names? :) I checked out the website. the restuarant looks so good! We will have to make it up there huh? :) I hope we can. Kainoa has already started school though so we shall see. :)
ReplyDeleteoh girl, I love your scrapbook pages...makes me homesick that's for sure! also, did you get some new shots taken by Pume or did you got to a studio? i love those new ones of you and Keiko Chan..how bout that pic of Nalu showing shaka with da lei on! Can't wait to see you guys FO REAL!!
ReplyDeleteFun to see your blog. Looks like you had a fun vacation:)
ReplyDeleteso the space A travel worked for you, eh? i'm thinking of trying it in feb/march, but i'm terrified of getting stuck in guam or hawaii for weeks. cross your fingers for me... it sure beats paying the $6000 for us to get home.
ReplyDelete