Thursday, April 3, 2008

Infantigo


InfantigoHappy Birthday NaluThe birthday boy.
Thank you Sherry and Papa!Ooooh rapid fire nerf gunOh yah!birthday treats spot light
Last Friday night I was eating a soft taco supreme from Tacobell and Kanalu wanted a bite. . . so I held the taco up to him and he chomped down hard. . . I didn't expect that big of a bite. . . my finger was some how part of that taco. I squealed louder than I've ever yelped in my life and then cried like a baby who fell off the bed. Kanalu was in so much shock he started crying too and whimpered out. . . "I'm so sorry mommy". . . over and over again. My poor boy I held him tight because he felt awful that he just bit his mommy. It was quite a scene!

Later that evening I hear Piko say. . ."stop licking your lip boy you're making it raw." Kanalu replied, "but Dad it's itchy."

Saturday morning Kanalu wakes up and has water blisters on the tip of his nose and on that piece of skin between his nose and upper lip. Piko calls his mother. . . who is a nurse practitioner. . . to ask for a diagnosis over the phone. She said. . . it's INFANTIGO. . . I'm thinking ew only dirty kids get infantigo. So I looked it up on the internet and found that it could be caused by a bug bite or bacteria getting into a scratch and in some cases by stress. So that made me think. . . did he get it from some dirty kid at school. . .was it from a bug in the backyard. . . or maybe from the stress of biting my finger the day before?

Piko's mom advised us to clean the rash and then apply neosporine on it. So we did and all day it was still looking bad. The next day Kanalu woke up and there was rash now on his arm from him rubbing it across the rash because it was itchy. Oh yah infantigo is contagious. So then I got smart and bandaged Kanalu's two rashy spots. By Sunday night the rash was almost gone.

Monday morning. . . Kanalu's 6th birthday. . . I kept him home from school just to make sure he was totally healed. He was very upset that he'd be missing his birthday at school. So I emailed his teacher and she responded that they'll just celebrate when he returns to school. So that eased Nalu's mind and we went to Burger King for lunch to make his day special. We also went to the Base Exchange and got him a new outfit and a toy tank. For dinner he wanted Taquitos and rootbeer ice cream. . . "I hate cake mommy". . . is what he always says. To end his day he chose to play WOW with his daddy.

The next day he went to school and had a great birthday celebration.

We'll be celebrating his birthday further at his Nani and Boomba's house this weekend with his best buddies. . .the Settle boys. It'll be a fun weekend for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!!