
So sorry for being so late with this post. I've been so overwhelmed with life that blogging has taken a mega drop on my list of priorities. I've finally made time to get back into the swing of things and share with you all what we did this past Christmas and New Year Holidays.
On the Saturday before Christmas we had a Christmas Party at Piko's mom's house. It was so much fun to spend time with Piko's Brother, his wife and Daddy Warr's daughter Lori and her family. I love Lori's kids, they are just a joy to be around.
We had some yummy peanut butter fudge that Lori made. I need the recipe for that one!!! She made us our own to take home with ginger cookies and regular fudge... we ate it before we left Nani and Boomba's house... they were dang good!
It was a hoot watching the kiddies open their gifts and hearing them shout with glee. And then it came time for the adults to play the gift exchange game... much like the white elephant game but with store bought gifts rather than junky left overs from the back of the closet. Piko ended up with a fun snowglobe golf game and I ended up with (SMILE) scrapbooking stuffs and a food garnishing kit. It wasn't as exciting as years past because there wasn't much fighting over anything. The best part for me was seeing the smile on Lori's face when I said that there was a bonus gift that came with the cocoa and mugs gift that she ended up with... YES, you can't have cocoa in a mug without making it in a COCOA LATTE MACHINE first. She was happy and that made me really happy!Then of course Piko's mom gets gifts for every individual as well... this is the best story...
...before Piko and I left our house to head 2 hours south which ended up being about a 4 hour trip instead because there was a bad snow storm blowing... Piko and I exchanged one gift each because we wanted each other to use those gifts that weekend. I gave him his first and when he openned it there was a duplicate of it packed with it in the box... laptop covers one green for him and one pink for me... he frowned and said your gift is behind the door... it was..............a laptop cover!!!! BWAAahahhahaha! I decided to keep the one I bought because I got it for 75% off and the one Piko bought me was regular priced so I returned it and he used that money to take me out on a date. So we had a great laugh and headed to Piko's mom's house. We get there and tell them our funny story... the next night during the party when I open my gift from them there was a .......... dun dun dun.......... Laptop cover. They called Piko a couple nights before he went shopping for me to see what I wanted for Christmas and he told them a laptop cover as well as a couple other things. Hello, Piko next time don't buy what you tell someone else to buy! I just thought it was so funny. I'm very grateful that everyone wants me to keep my laptop protected from the elements and whatnot. Is it that obvious that besides my keiki and hubby I'd grab my laptop and porta-hardrive if my house caught on fire?!!!

Then on Sunday I dressed the kiddies in their Christmas church clothes and we went to church with Piko's mom and Daddy Warr. The program was done from the possible perspective of the women envolved during the time surrounding the birth of Christ.
We had such a great Sunday before Christmas. It ended with a small birthday party for Kolu before we loaded our Explorer up for the drive home.Stay tuned for the rest of our holiday... I need to take care of the kiddies and get the boys to basketball practice.
I need a laptop cover! I didn't know you had a laptop. Love mine, I'm sure you do too. That is a very funny story. Happy birthday Kolu! Can't wait to see the rest!
ReplyDeleteHello just glad to see you had a great holiday. And i love your scrapbooking so cute
ReplyDeleteGirl, what are you talking about?? You are amazing. I don't know how you do it. I can't keep up my blog with ONE child and my husband has to post half of the things we blog about. You do it with FOUR!!! If you looked up Super Women in the dictionary, there would be a blurry picture of you (blurry, because when they took it you were dashing about too busy to stop and take a picture).
ReplyDeleteYay!!! glad to see you didn't fall off the earth... Glad to see and hear you had a great Christmas..
ReplyDeleteofa atu
so funny and so much love in your family. I'm glad you had a great trip! I have had the same blogging issues. I neglected my blog. posted like 6 posts and then back to being neglected. Piko's mom is just as beautiful as I remember her! Love it.
ReplyDelete