Then he became a toddler and well that's a whole other chapter and experience, ha!
Now he is 5 years old and no longer that sweet little baby but a big boy who is so independent I sometimes want to put a leash on him.
We usually have an unbirthday party for Bubba because his birthday is two days before Christmas but this year we were in Hawaii during the summer and then we had Lynea in October so there was no special time set aside for him. We just had a small little family party for him and he didn't mind at all. Infact, he said all he wanted was to stay home and have cake.
When Kanalu turned 5 he got a set of Jr. Golf Clubs and Bubba was so upset he threw the biggest tantrum he's ever thrown. So we told him that on his 5th birthday he'd get his own set of clubs. Well that day came and we were blessed to find a set for half the price of what we got Nalu's clubs for at my favorite store... TARGET.
Shortly after we got Kolu's gift we headed to Burger King. He so loves that place. Kids' meals are his favorite with a burger, fries and fruit punch (much like myself when I was his age) but the toy is what makes him happiest.
After lunch we asked Kolu what he wanted to do and all he wanted was to play the Wii, Xbox and computer whenever he wanted without having to share. That worked out perfect. While he did that I baked the cake he wanted and heated up his favorite... cheese stuffed crust digornos pizza.He ended up eating half the cake all by himself... after he licked it the whole cake was pretty much all his anyways.
He then opened the rest of his gifts and was very excited to finally get some toys! He totally cracks me up. Our lives wouldn't be as fun without our Bubba! Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts he got. He loves them all! What a lucky boy he got more gifts the next day because Santa comes to our house first!!! I'll be posting more about that very soon.
Hb belated birthday big boy!!
ReplyDeleteMy fav was him lickin' his cake..Priceless.
Happy Birthday! Sweet post...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday belated such cute pics
ReplyDeleteWith traveling, birthdays and Christmas it's no wonder you haven't had time to blog! Thank goodness target had golf clubs for Bubba and that is so funny about the laptop cover! At least you got to go out on a date- it was the gift that kept giving!
ReplyDeleteI have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the book Meeting Lizzie. It should have been here already and I want to read it already!
Take care!
Such a cute little boy! Crazy how they grow up. Hannah's five now, too. Seriously, she was just a baby.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really like your scrapbook pages.
WOW, how fun all of this looks!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute pictures of the birthday boy!
I'm so glad he was a good baby to make up for his independent self now! LOL At least you have womderful memories to cherish!
I love the Christmas pictures too! Glad to see you got them posted! And the picture of those cookies and fudge, they look DIVINE!
Hugs to you my dear!
I love that I can watch your sweet children grow up in front of my eyes!!!!... hopefully now that the holidays are over I will get back to blogging too!...spending too much time on Facebook I think??...sent you a request! you didnt accept!...Ill just comment on your blogs! haha
ReplyDelete