Friday, January 23, 2009

More Christmas

I am so behind on posts it's starting to back up in my mind. I'm going to finish catching up by next Friday. If my house needs to be messy until then so be it!!!

This was our Christmas... we have the kiddos open their gifts on Christmas Eve because Santa comes to our house first... that's right ya'll you heard it right... he comes to our house first on his route. He actually came way earlier than we were ready for. Piko took the kids to the grocery store to pick up some milk. While they were out I was finishing up dinner and Santa was on our door step with a sack full of gifts. There must have been some extra good boys and girls this past year for him to show up so early at our house.



Thank you Grandma Sherri and Papa for the great guns for the boys (Nalu wants to take his gun with him everywhere) and the pretty hair stuff for Keiko and me. I'm excited to pierce Lynea's ears so we can put those pretty earrings you sent for her in her ears. Piko absolutely loves his Taz cup, I think that is one of his most cherished gifts he got this year!

Here are some of the fun gifts Lynea got.

The kids have been opening gifts for Christmas since we were at Tutu and Grandpa Fuchigami's house for Thanksgiving . And it continued till the week after Christmas.

After gifts were openned we had dinner... not your typical Christmas dinner but we had one of my most fave. dishes made by Piko... Chicken Katsu... oh yah! It was good.

Then on Christmas Day after waking up at about 8 am or so... (the joy of Santa coming to our house first... no excited children waking me up super early)... I started on this...

...Oh yes, we had a Japanese dinner for Christmas... more Chicken Katsu, tempura (sweet potato, zuccini, and shrimp), sushi, and namasu. I was in heaven and the boys were having a shrimp feast! Bubba likes to eat the tails because they're crunchy!!!

Then daddy went outside and rang the door bell! And when Bubba openned the door there it was... the Christmas gift that every little boy loves... A BIG BOY BIKE! (I got this one for a steal of a deal at the BX).

And on that bike was a gift bag with Kanalu's name attached to it...
...He so loves World of Warcraft and the card game just topped off his Christmas! (Don't mind his shirt, he was pretending he was Nacho Libre or something at that moment before the door bell rang. That's Nalu for you, always acting out his favorite fictional characters.)

Piko and the kids got me a pedi-set and boy oh boy did I use it with my Christmas gift from years past my 2nd favorite machine in the house, my Dr Scholl's foot spa. What a great way to end Christmas Day! (Yes, Piko got tons of gifts so many that I didn't even stop to take pics of them... infact he got the most gifts this year.)

Thank you to everyone who sent us gifts and cards for Christmas. We truly appreciate all of your love and aloha! Christmas didn't end on Christmas day we got more the next week in the mail. I'll be posting about that in a couple days.


Sorry no pics of Lynea this time. Promise next post will have some.



Loves and kisses, prayers and wishes,

Kanoe

3 comments:

  1. Your food looked delish.... fun times.. have a great day woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Chicken Katsu yummy. You are making me crave a plate lunch from L&L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want a pedi bath! I love pedi's, I'll even do it myself with the right tools. I need to send a picture of this on over to Dale. Good job on your collage!

    P.S. Next year I am totally at your house for Japanese food on Christmas. It has become some of my VERY favorite! Looks sooooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!