So this post is for you Wendy and Shari.
Since you already know what mom's food tastes like I took the liberty of taking pics of it all so you feel like you had a part in partaking of it. Enjoy!!!
The table was set so perfectly with the most beautiful autumn centerpiece that mom made of course. (The other plates are gone because everyone is filling 'em.)
This is something new that you have never tasted. Michelle made this and it's so delectable... apple crisp cream cheese bars... Mmmmmm so yummy.
Here's mom's stuffing... this pic doesn't look too appetizing but you know it was the best stuffing ever!!! No one's stuffing compares... I'm bias of course because it's mommy's... but really no one's stuffing compares.
Mmmm, fruit salad... yummy, yummy! I love my mother's fruit salad, WOW! I can only think of one other fruit salad that I like just as much... Piko's mom's fruit salad, oh yah! (Just being honest, my nose is clean.)
Mom's potato salad has evolved. It now has macaroni, green onions and paprika. It still has that great garlicy taste. It just looks different now... the paprika exploded when mom was trying to shake it oh so gently onto the top... who cares what it looks like, it tasted amazing!
This is my most favorite jello salad! But we were thinking of all our diabetic family members while making it... we used sugar free green jello. And mom no longer uses walnuts. She uses something better... macadamia nuts. Yes, Shari it still tasted great! Infact, I pretty much ate it all by myself. Lynea must have loved it because the more I ate the more she nursed and the less she spit up.
Here's mom's ham with enough pineapple for flavor and for Kaleo to consume (this is Kaleo's favorite). Now I know why mom doesn't use spiral ham... no fat or grissle.
Oh yes, the turkey... cooked until the meat fell off the bone. So scrumptious with cranberry sauce smothered over it as well as mom's amazing gravy that is so easy to make. Now I'm excited to cook Christmas dinner this year!
Lastly, my yummy pumpkin cheese cake that was neglected after dad stuck his fork in it before dinner even started. (It was made with mom's favorite crust recipe from Uncle Al.)
We just had so much great food that there was no room for pie.
Or maybe it was because it was missing something...
HMMMmmmm,
I know...
...it was missing YOU, Wendy and Shari.
I miss you two and Ron, Arielle, Kaulana, and Kalua, of course!
LOVE YOU!
Glad to see you had a good time. Are you all ready for Christmas????
ReplyDeleteWhat all Palongi Meakai?
ReplyDeleteok I am just jelous, cuz for thanksgiving we had puaka, ho'osi, and talo, and all that jazz, it rocked, but not thanksgiving food..
thank goodness my mom came to save the day on Friday and brang turkey and ham and pinapple.. mmmm
Love your layout...
I did say no to Utah but it would be for a cabin a quick get away from the heat. It was up by Hatch and Duck Creek we go camping there in June every year. I love the land but it was to much to clean up and up keep.
ReplyDeleteIm still full from Thanksgiving but looks onolicious!!!
ReplyDeleteps...
ReplyDeleteHow is Wendy & Shari???
hmmm, my first post was under another user name.sorry
Tommie
WOW! Some of that food looks yummy! I want recipes!
ReplyDeleteHey, send me an email with your address! ♥
Wow-everything looks so good! Makes me hungry looking at all those pix-Do you happen to have that apple cheesecake bar recipe? Those look really yummy. Well I really enjoy seeing whats going on with you and your sweet family! Glad we can keep in touch! Suzy:0)
ReplyDeleteJust coming to send some love!
ReplyDeleteI know which recipe I want now!
The apple cheesecake bar recipe! THANKS! ♥
Hope you are doing ok!