Friday, July 8, 2011

How we celebrate FREEDOM...

... but first this is what happened to Piko's Father's day gifts. It all ended up at his desk at work :).
To start off our Independence day I got up just before 5 am to pick Piko and Kawika up from the airport... they were in Utah with family celebrating the 4th with some of our favorite people watching the Stadium of Fire firework show from his Aunty's front yard.

As soon as we got home he changed into his surf shorts and rashy and headed out to Kaneohe Bay to go spear fish with our friend who hadn't gone before. Looks like they did pretty good.
While they were gone I was supposed to be cooking but I didn't have enough shoyu for the chicken and I didn't have the browny stuff that I thought I had because I forgot I used it for Family Home Evening a couple weeks ago, LOL. So I waited till Piko got home and rushed to bake and then we headed to Piko's work for a fun Ammo BBQ.
The kids made some new friends and we played all over the area like it was our own house :).
Piko works right next to the beach so we went on over to the area where we can swim and OMGeeezeees... it was packed. I have never seen that beach so busy the whole 5 months we've been here. We still managed to have a lot of fun and cool off in the hot sun.
Of course we had our new DSLR camera with us and even tho' we only have the stock lens I still managed to shoot a lot of adorable photos of the kiddies... I picked only a few of my favorites out of the 40 something I shot.
As soon as the sun totally set the firework display began and it was one of the most beautiful shows I've seen in a while. We had great seats in the bomb dump away from the huge crowd.
The show wouldn't have been complete without back ground music using every patriotic and firework reference possible.
Amazingly two of our five fell asleep during the show.
What a great day and way to celebrate our freedoms and liberties as Americans with some of our country's troops, AMMO... without them the Air Force would be nothing more than an airline, lol.... God Bless the USA!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!!