We so lovingly called him our little old man... because he had such an old wise look to him and from birth he had some very distinct facial expressions.
Bubba was given his nickname by his older brother who couldn't say Brother and from then on he been known as Bubba and to this day when you ask him what his name is he'll tell you "BUBBA".
Here is our Bubba's first birthday party @ our Aunty Dora and Uncle Kent's house.Here's our Bubba at Tutu and Grandpa's house with Uncle Kaleo celebrating his 2nd birthday... this is where he met his Uncle Ron and Aunty Wendy for the first time. He had already grown to love Ninja Turtles and Spiderman (whom he insisted was "Tata-oooom" instead of Spiderman).

And on his 3rd birthday I felt sorry for him that he had to celebrate his birthday so close to Christmas that we had an UNbirthday party for him during Halloween so he could dress up as Spiderman (his absolute favortie at the time) and play with his friends and some of his cousins.
This was taken after he turned 4... Piko turned him into a snowman! And at this point we realized that Bubba could care less if he has a birthday before Christmas... as long as we make it special for him he really doesn't care when we celebrate.
This is Bubba shortly after Lynea was born in October 2008. He really loves being her big brother.I don't have pics of his 5th birthday (which was celebrated at Nani and Boomba's house) because it's trapped on my Lap Top that I don't have a AC cord for because I don't know where I put it and I ordered a new one but they sent me the wrong one. SO now I'm waiting for the right one to arrive and crossing my fingers that it gets here on time for me to deliver the next baby so Piko can see him via webcam (ok I'm done rambling).
And for the entire year he's been bugging me for this very toy and I was bummed because his reaction was totally not what I was expecting.


... Spiderman Web Attack board game... which I just found out, while looking for this image, is selling for $199.99 on Amazon.com brand new (collecters item)... and I bought it at D.I. Thrift Store for $2 used and missing a couple pieces but we still managed to play the game and have tons of fun!
Lucky Bubba... the celebration isn't over because when his Nani and Boomba return from Germany we are going to Chucky E. Cheese to have a good time together and of course take our neighbor's boy with us because that's what Bubba wants, :D.
For now this pregnant mama is very tired and ready to curl up and watch Anne of Green Gables while the boys play outside in the snow with the neighbor's boy.
I'm gonna try and blog what we've been up to in November through this month, sometime this week so my hunny Piko can see what fun we've been trying to have to keep our minds off of him not being here with us (which is the most difficult thing we've had to ever do as a family).
I do feel very blessed because I know that our Heavenly Father loves us because He has blessed us with things old and new... the scriptures to be able to learn of the joys of life and also to be able to express our feelings with one another... for example my sweet hunny shared with me this scripture the other day, Ephesians 1:15-17. (Now that's what I call romantic... hehehehe!) and the internet so we can keep in touch and see eachother while we talk even though we are so far apart in distance. What a great holiday season we are having... to be close in spirit is the greatest gift we are receiving this year!
Mele Kalikimaka a me Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments!!!