Sunday, December 27, 2009

November 2009

I'm totally behind on blogging so now I'm catching up with November after Piko left for Korea. To add to my blogging I wanted to digi-scrap all the pics I took since Piko left so that we can make a book of this year's experiences without Daddy at home... but I had to wait till I got the new Stampin' Up! digital scrapbook program. I'm so happy that I waited because this program is so fun and easy and it comes with the cutest graphics and when I'm done I can print out my book through Stampin' Up! and everything I already have with Stampin' Up! will coordinate with my prints... I love it! Ok now I'll go on with what we did in November.

Shortly after Piko left for Korea I went to the back yard saw an incredible mess of weeds and leaves. So naturally, I decided that it was about time to clean the back yard before the snow. Can you imagine 7 month pregnant me mowing the leaves and weeds? Hahahaha, I had quite the work out and a minor back ache after I was done... and believe you me... I made our kids help!!!! The funniest part is when I told Piko what I did... he said, "I fail as a husband." If ya'll knew what went on before Piko left for Korea you'd understand why he never got to cleaning the yard (one of the most important men in his life passed away and he made a quick trip to Hawaii for the funeral a week before he left for Korea; I went to the hospital with a heart rate of 210 two days before he left; and I cried for about two months straight before he left). The yard is my thing anyways... I love yard work ... when I'm not pregnant that is!!!

Here's our little GIRL, with a capital "G"! Keiko is just the little doll... she loves to do her own hair already and boy does it really look like a two year old did it!

Lynea is just a couple weeks older than 1 year in this picture. She has learned how to scream when she wants something and has started standing on her own without holding on to the furniture. I pray she takes her time with walking... I don't want to be chasing after her until 2 months after I give birth to Kawika.

When I have to stay home from Church on Sundays because I'm not feeling good I have the kids do some fun craft projects and such to keep them occupied... so we made turkeys to put on our Thanksgiving Tree (Piko did set up the Christmas tree before he left so I wouldn't have to since I'm so totally pregnant and we decided to leave it up all year long and decorate it for every holiday).

We also made some sugar cookies and had fun decorating them and gobbling them all up right after.

It was the boys' friend Garrett's birthday in November and Kolu had his first sleep over at Garrett's house... and I had a nice quiet night without the boys and snuggled with the girls all night.
Thanksgiving day came and we were invited to stay at a couple relatives' houses for the holiday but I really didn't want to be too far from my Dr. because my contractions wear me out and I didn't want to take any chances. But most of all I really wanted to cook Thanksgiving dinner by myself. I had a wonderful time cooking and it wasn't as difficult and tiring as I thought it would be.

The boys made the mashed potatoes.

I cooked a turkey for the first time by myself and it turned out so moist and wonderful that if fell apart when I pulled it outta the roaster. I was in turkey heaven at dinner time and so was Lynea... she ate more than her siblings.

We had my favorite Pumpkin Cheesecake and I finally started really missing Piko. Cheesecake is his favorite which made it really hard for me to take the first bite without him... but after that I think I ate the rest of it by myself within the next 3 days.

Now that I look at this picture of our Tree I realize what a mess it is... I've had to put things back into the tree over and over again because the girls love to take things out of it. It got to the point where I didn't care where the decorations went on the tree as long as it was off the floor.

Throughout the month I had little projects to do that would keep me busy and my mind off of being away from my hunny... I had a couple of break downs but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I even got one of the girls on my street to watch the kiddies while I went to a Stampin' Up! work shop to make some cute paper dolls.

November was a very busy month... I went Christmas shopping and almost got it all done before December started. I also had to do a couple of left over weatherizing for the winter on the house.

Piko had some interesting things happen to him... he sprained his ankle while playing football a week after he got to Korea, he met another LDS troop that he could go to church with, they invited another troop to Thanksgiving lunch with the missionaries and she started to take lessons from the sister missionaries shortly after.

It's nice to look back and appreciate the blessings that come when things aren't exactly the way I want them to be. God's hand is surly in our lives!


<span class=


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.

    You have such adorable children! And I love the comment your husband made about failing because you did the yardwork pregnant! He must have a great heart! :)

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Yew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love stampin up! What a great gift Kanoe-your pages are so cute! Love all your family traditions-the tree, cookie making, crafts etc. . .you can do it ALL! Hope all is going well with your hubby away! You give so much Love to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I barely got done with reading it..I had to stop and take a "cry break" after reading about eating cheesecake without yo hunny! I give you credit girlie, but you doing so good. Love Love Love reading your Blog!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are keeping the tree up all year and decorating it as you guys get through each month. Good for you.

    I am curious about the Stampin Up program. Can you send me a site with the info? I have been wanting to put all of our stories in a book of somesort but didn't know where to get started.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been one busy mama and Piko is a a good man! You know it just clicked with me that Aunty tutu, and Uncle George were PIKO's grandparents! (yes, I have blonde roots)

    Here is a funny, we would stay with Aunty and Uncle and Aunty (piko's grandma) told us that we should call her AUnty TUTU. We went home and told Grandma (Gloria) and she got sooo mad! LOL, she loved being tutu to us but we still called Aunty, Aunty Tutu! I so wish I were in HI, or that we had the chance to visit more often. I miss the close family ties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great Thanksgiving! I like your year round tree idea. You are really impressing me. I know life is hard with out your hubby, but look at you rising to the challenge. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!