Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our last day with PIko until May 2010

Yesterday was a busy day... we kept the boys home from school so we could have a family day together.


We went to Braza Grill [a Brazilian restaurant near our house] for lunch with some of Piko's co-workers. We love that place... their meat is so good and they have the best grilled pineapple. My most favorite thing that they serve is mango limeaide... OMG it's the bestest! I'd go there just for a limeade!


Then we went to Walmart to get the kids a birthday gift each since Daddy wouldn't be here for any of their birthdays [with the exception of Lynea because she just had a birthday with Daddy].


Keiko got a Cinderella Dress and a crown.


Kolu got a Transformers Bumblebee helmet that talks and stuff.


And bless his heart... all Kanalu wanted was a little Lego Star Wars building set.


Then we took them to CHUCK E. CHEESE'S.

Align Center
I think Keiko rode this horse over ten times. She just loved that thing!


Then Keiko road this little truck thing about 6 times.


Piko found a game to get hooked on.


Kolu had so much fun playing games. He was a ticket winning champ!



At first all Kanlu would do was ride the little rides and then he discovered the ticket games and that was it... he became the ticket winning king!


I got really tired and sore so we got our prizes and left CEC after spending almost 3 hours there.

Of course Keiko had to put her dress on right away.


Bubba was super excited to wear his Bumblebee helmet.



The best part was that Piko was just as excited to wear it as Bubba was. I tell you that's what happens when you name your son Kaupiko!!!!


We had a wonderful day together as a family and the kids have great memories to hold on to while Daddy is away.


Today was a good day dispite Piko leaving early this morning... all of our kiddos had a happy day. We talked a little about missing Daddy but no tears or worries... just prayers and happy talk. And our neighbor acrossed the street came over and offered to clean up the mess in our yard we've been meaning to get to before Piko left but never got to it because trial upon tiral began to pile up on us [I'll blog more about that later]. So it really was a great day even tho' we miss Daddy. I didn't even sob at all today. I just cried a bit while praying with Piko this morning before he left for the airport but that was it.

The only yucky thing that happened was our mouse trap caught another mouse and thank you brave Nalu for getting the dead mouse outta the trap and throwing it away for me... I refuse to touch a dead mouse even if I had gloves on and used a plastic bag. Kanalu was more than happy to do it and extremely proud of himself for getting it done. He ROCKS!

What a day... week... year.... I need some sleep!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Bless your heart Kanoe,

    I too will pray for your family. With God and good friends, you will pull through with flying colors in this chapter in your life.

    Your kids are precious. And between you and me, Ethan would have been happy with a little Lego set too, he's a lego nut.

    Thinking of you lots sweetie,
    Hugs and Aloha,
    Pumehana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kanoe-
    Really enjoyed reading about your families day of fun. It's funny the simple things that make us happy-glad you got to spend such a great day together. This experience will bring you all closer, I'm sure. Have a great week and looking forward to hearin from ya in the bloggin world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying for you. I am so glad you had such a wonderful last day with your hubby. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear sweet Kanoe! I've been so bad about my bog, I've forgotten to keep up with all my friends. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ohana is sooo darling! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful family day that I know all your keikis will remember. May Heavenly Father continue to bless you and your ohana til you're all back together again! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't figure out how to comment on your Lynea post. She sure is getting big. Kiera had that same little costune when she was one:)

    I haven't heard the word Li Hing Mui for soooo long!

    We have two other friends who are heading out to Japan with the military. It must be the place to go.

    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!