In July 2008 we were in Hawaii for family vacation for a whole month. We were on Kauai for a little more than a week and while we were there we stayed at Kapa'a Shores... which is a really nice vacation condo resort. Early one morning I was conversing with the Lord while watching the sun rise over the ocean. I was thanking Him for the baby I was then pregnant with (Lynea) and thinking this is my last one... then this thought came to me.... "no this isn't your last child. Your next child will be a boy and his name will be Kawika (meaning David in Hawaiian)." Ok so I was thinking I guess I'm having a child later in life because for now I'm done! And I don't like the name Kawika so I'm really DONE! As I looked out the sliding glass doors off our balcony into the rolling waves of the ocean his middle name came to me... Kaleo'okekai (the sound of the ocean). I've liked that name for a long time now and it seemed so befitting to the moment that I accepted the prompting and the name for this child with tears in my eyes and peace in my heart. Then I told Piko as I sobbed, "Sorry hun but this isn't our last child." Of course he brushed it off and that was that until in early June of this year I realized that I was pregnant again and knew right away that this is our Kawika... I didn't take to this pregnancy well at all for oh so many reasons and neither did Piko. We sat in silence for over 5 mins... totally unusual for the both of us... then a week later I get a phone call from Piko while he was at work and he was over joyed with some great news (if you remember earlier this year he was unable to go worldwide in the military because of a small health issue and that really bummed him out)his great news wasn't too great to me tho'... that's when he told me he got orders to Korea for November of this year thru November of next year. I felt dually attacked... how was I to protect myself from two huge trials that I was not prepared for... I knew this baby was coming but I didn't expect him so soon after I had Lynea and then for my husband to be gone during the last and most difficult part of the pregnancy. I crumbled and stayed in bed for over a week playing some stupid farm game on Facebook to try and forget about how I was feeling. Piko was really upset with me for not being supportive of him and his duties in the Air Force and I was beyond angry with him for being upset with me. After praying for an entire night... I had a wrestle with God for sure... and I'm totally not exagerating... I finally felt at peace and put the situation into perspective and realized my husband needed this more than I needed him to get me through this pregnancy and delivery while having 4 kids to take care of. Everyone around us openly offered their help and shoulder to lean on, what a blessing. So I know I'll be fine but I just don't want him to go at all. I always tell him that I don't need him at all in my life (I know that sounds harsh) but I don't need him, I want him in my life... I want him near me always and I want him to take care of me and our children... I want him for eternity (yes you may say that I need him to get me through the eternities but I don't because there is always someone else that could get me there) but I don't want anyone else I want him and only him. So now we are planning our time apart by using the blessed internet to help us communicate often and continue our family prayers and family home evenings... it takes us back to memories of when we were courting via IM... studying scriptures and sharing experiences online because he was in SLC and I was in Mesa, AZ before we got married. So we are going back to the foundation of our relationship and it strengthens me and helps me deal with what I don't want to do. So when you may say that I'm strong... I am... until you start to worry for me and question me on what I am to do because I start to worry and question myself all over again and I have to rebuild my stronghold after all my tears wash the previous one away. So don't worry about me to my face... just pray for me and through all of our faith combined I'll be ok and so will my family and my dear husband whom I want and don't need, LOL. I couldn't ask for better friends, neighbors and family... thank you for your support and love... such an amazing blessing in my hour of need because I don't want this trial but obviously I need it, Hahahahaha!
(So sorry hun for making you out as a totally selfish jerk but it's my hormones not me, LOL, our little family knows all the crazy things I make you do around the house and the many errands I make you go on to get me what I crave to eat and the stress of your crazy job that you didn't ask for and is beyond what you've trained to do but you do it anyways to pay the bills and for me to get my nails done because I need something pretty to look at when I feel all fat and stretched out. Our little family knows that you da bomb... well much more than just the bomb... you da bomb inspecter!!!! Lub U hunny!!!)
The hour has come to put the kiddos to sleep, FINALLY! Thank you dear blog for keeping me awake... I need to find my camera cord so I can upload our summer photos because I'm sure you'd rather see pics than read my goings on...until next time, Aloha no a me a hui hou!
That was a very touching story. You will be in my prayers. You can borrow my mantra for tough times "this too shall pass" for some reason it really does help when I repeat it over and over.
ReplyDeleteYou are truly amazing...thank you for posting that story. It truly touched my heart. You and your family will be in our prayers. This post gave me a lot of strength...your strength strengthens me. Thank you :-)
ReplyDeleteAngela
so excited to hear about your upcoming arrival!
ReplyDeletejust email me (click on my blog) if you want to order some oops.
and thanks for your comments.
oh kanoe....you'll make it! thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. i love the "this too shall pass" comment. i try to hug my babies a little bit more knowing they grow up too fast and i try to hurry quick through the not so fun moments knowing they won't last for long. rob's leaving for a mission during the whole month of october and i'm NOT looking forward to it. the one thing i noticed when he's on these little deployments (NOTHING compared to a year without piko) is that i'm stronger than i think and i grow a ton while he's gone. so, as much as i'm not looking forward to being a single parent during october, i know this too shall pass and that a lot of personal growth will happen. good luck!
ReplyDeleteBeen praying for you since you found out you were really pregnant with Kawika. I absolutely love and appreciate your honesty. I'm so happy that you and Piko have each other and know that it will be a difficult but Blessed, year! Love you girlie!!
ReplyDeleteI read this a while ago and meant to leave a comment then. Thanks for sharing so much insight into life. I hope things are going fairly well, I know they are about to get more difficult. You are a champion mom! Love you and love your spirit!
ReplyDeleteGod only gives us as much as we can handle. U are a strong woman u can handle this. :) What a blessing congrat's on the new pg.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your New Baby Boy to come!!!
ReplyDeleteOh man I love always to read your blog because it reminds me of the tremendous love you have for our Savior and how obedient you are my friend! Love you and I do pray that You, Piko and babies are safe and well...I must share this with you
so the other day John went to do service at the cannery here in Maryland he was to be gone for most the day and night. So I felt his presence missed and most of all the Priesthood ( this was not the first time he was gone for a while, he use to work on Capitol hill and was gone for very long stretches of time) but I went to check on the kids ( my story has a point) and Cupe ( our little boy) was surprisedly awake and I heard in my head, "mom its ok I'm here." I started to cry and Thanked the Lord for reminding me He is always with us and sends His love and blessings thru our special people!
So always know you are never alone and may Piko's return be so speedily that you eluded time of its pain!
Love you and know the Lord Loves you sooo MUCH!
hugs to you girl!