I was so excited for Kanalu because this was the best game he'd ever played... he was so focused and ready to do his best. There is nothing that makes me more proud of my children than when they do their best and work as hard as they can...Kanalu seriously gave it his all... even after getting nipped in the face by a ball (of course he cried and had to sit out for a bit because the ball is well a hard baseball and it hurt and he'll have a black eye to prove it tomorrow... I'll be sure to post a picture)... but he played with all his might tonight and ended the season like a champ... I'm so grateful he learned this sport and that it has made him a little more confident and he has learned to use his own voice and speak up so he can understand what he needs to do. He had a really great coach!
I wasn't able to go to Bubba's last game but I did go to his game on Saturday and he didn't have a very good game because he was very moody. I did have a teaching experience that I pray he remembers for the rest of his life... he was really upset that he didn't get the ball after it was hit in his direction... he pouted and started throwing a tantrum... so I got him off the field and gave him a good talking to. I asked him if he was playing a Bubba sport or a team sport and if he wanted to play by himself or with the team... he said he wanted to play with the team... then I told him that he needed to understand that he's not always going to get the ball because he is playing a sport where they all have to work together to win. He changed his attitude and went back in the game. I hope and pray that next year when he has grown a bit older that he'll apply himself better. He loves T-ball dispite his 5 year old attitude... and he doesn't go to practice because of the snacks afterwards [unlike basketball... he really didn't like basketball]. He too had a really good coach who was so patient with him and was so very encouraging. His coach had special trophies made for each member of the team and had their names put on their trophy. That was a big deal to Bubba. He is so proud of his trophy. What's funny is that he'll get another one next week from the youth sports program... but it won't have his name on it like the one his coach had made.
We had a great baseball season and here are some highlights:
he really can hit the ball without hitting the t but he super loves hitting the t on purpose...
he thinks it's funny.
he likes to make his helmet fall off in mid run, like he's a pro or something, Ha!
Which wasn't always the case this season and several games were canceled and reschduled.
One fun thing for the boys was that their Nani and Boomba got to come to some of their games and practices... having them there really made them feel special!
We signed Nate up this year and he's doing okay...he gets bored quickly, and after we signed him up realized he's allergic to grass so he spends a lot of time scratching at his eyes! It's really too bad as Sam played last year and HATED it...baseball is Gary's sport so he kinda sad his two boys don't enjoy it! So who knows though...maybe Lauren will be our softball girl?
ReplyDeleteSounds like your boys did really well though! And you are right Kanula does have a nice stance!