Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some FIRSTS for our keiki

Our little family had a fairly busy January full of firsts.

The boys had their first basketball practice. Kanalu is a natural and Kolu is still working on dribbling. Kanalu loves basketball and Kolu loves the snacks after practice, ha.

Before every practice I make sure to tell the boys that all I expect is for them to try their hardest so they can feel good about the effort they put into learning the game.

Kolu tries so hard to shoot the ball into the hoop... he's been improving and that is the best part of watching him play. He's almost got it and hopefully before the season is over he'll be able to make one basket.

Kanalu is just goofy. When he tries really hard he misses his shots but when he's not thinking about it he's so super good. I say he's goofy because he does all kinds of silly dances and says crazy things while he's playing. Hmmm, I can't imagine who he gets that from ☻.



Shortly after their first practice the boys had their first game. Piko went to that game without me and the girls (controlling Keiko on a bball court is quite interrupting to the game).

The funniest thing happened during this game... Kanalu is totally goofy... He had the ball and was dribbling toward his goal and the kid on defense was succeeding at blocking him so Kanalu says, "Look a pretty star," while pointing upward and the poor kid on the opposing team bites the bait and stops to look up. That was just classic and I'm so sad the Piko wasn't able to get that on camera. That would have been a great video to share. Oh well!

Just like any other kid would he continues to try his trick at every game hoping to get the same response but it's gotten old and nobody really notices it anymore. That doesn't stop him from still trying tho'.

Kolu just likes the fruit they get during every game.
I'm just grateful that he continues to try and hasn't completely given up.

The girls have a first too. I put Lynea down for a nap and Keiko just climbed up onto my bed and snuggled up in her blanket then fell asleep right next to Lynea. I thought that was so cute. They slept quite comfortably next to each other.
So this marks their first nap together.


This has to be my favortie first... Lynea is eating solids and loving it. I was nursing so frequently that finally I just said, "forget it I'm not waiting another 3 weeks for her to turn four months, I'm going to start her on solids already". She has an appetite quite like baby Nalu and just went for it with the rice cereal. I'm so happy because she sleeps through the night more consistently now... HoooRay!!!!

This Saturday is Keiko's 2nd birthday and Lynea's first Valentine's Day. I'll be sure to take pictures of our day together just to share with you.


Until then...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. First off gotta say I LOVE you background. I can't believe the boys are old enough to play bball. How fun for them to work it on the court. Also Lynea and Keiko are going to be great friends forever, glad you shared the pic. Miss seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a challenge for you over at my blog
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. those firsts are just too sweet! I love them all! the first girls nap and first basketball game. Dash is playing basketball this year too! they are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!