So "The Man" had to leave the day after he got his orders to go to Texas for some training. It was quite a hectic morning. I went to the commissary by myself to spare me the hectic trip with whiney, "I want I want", tantrum-ing toddlers.
I got home in time for "The Man" to give each member of our family a father's blessing. That was so helpful for the boys starting school and for the extra spiritual strength to endure being without him because really we barely function without his simple presence. And it's nice to remind each child what they were blessed with when things get a little hectic and stressful which is usually a constant when you have 2 toddlers, a 4 year old going on 21, and two school age lego maniac boys.
Before we left for the airport to drop off our beloved SSgt we managed to make 3 candy leis for a special friend whose baptism we were going to attend right after we dropped "The Man" off.

He is going to be an awesome full-time missionary!
We just love this boy and his family!
During the baptism all the kiddos were so out of sorts from leaving their daddy at the airport that they all were acting up... thank goodness I had a tiny bottle of melissa essential oil in my purse to help calm my nerves and calm the burn of Keiko's scrapped elbow when she fell on her way into the church building. I was hoping to take the boys to the barber after the baptism but with all the crazy behavior I just wanted to go home. So during the program I was whispering to the boys that I would buzz their hair off if they continued to act up. That worked so nicely that I didn't want to waste our money on haircuts if indeed sometime during the 3 weeks while daddy is away I would have to follow through with this threat. So I ventured to a place I hate because I often do such a terrible job... I buzzed their hair myself... YIKES!

Check it out though... it actually turned out pretty decent... they were quite happy with what I did and so am I... now Mr. Piko what do you think? I think it's the best hair cuts I've ever given them :) {totally patting myself on the back}
That day didn't end there though... I went to a youth activity to share my life experiences with them in how the gospel has served as a light in my life. It was such an honor to share a bit of myself with this amazing group of youth. I volunteered my husband and I to do a fireside heehee... I love talking into a microphone :)
Then Sunday came and lets just say I am very grateful for the hour and a half of peace and reverence I experienced during Sunday School and Relief Society... jokingly I commented to a friend that I came to church so I could have a couple hours free from the kids and then I thought of how true that statement really was... especially after another friend of mine said she would have stayed home if she was without her husband having 5 kids... it was barely over 24 hours without him and I already felt spent and that I needed to recharge and I can't think of a better place than church to do just that :) renew and recharge.
Monday came and I was sad to send the boys off to school because there are so many summer activities we didn't get to do but I guess we could save them for weekends and holidays. Then they were gone and the house was oddly quiet even with the three younger ones still home with me that we went to Goodwill and to Walmart... oh and the deals I found and the things I'm creating... I'll post pics soon ;).
Trying to keep myself busy while my love is away... I'll be blogging again soon to keep my love posted on the happenings here in chaotic paradise :D
I hate it when Kai is gone for a weekend, i can't imagine being without a husband for as long as you have to be. I will keep you in my prayers. Your kids are lucky to have a mom like you who is so spiritually grounded. I can't imaginge going through the struggles of life without the teachings of thegospel to get me through.
ReplyDelete