Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I need to release :)




I had such a wonderful time with my husband when he was here for the Labor Day weekend. We returned to Utah to sell some of our belongs and visit with our friends and family that we will definitely miss too much ;). Thank you to all of our loved ones for helping us with our yard sale and our move... you know who you are and you know how much we love you!

During that visit I realized that I was a lot more tired than I thought I would be and that I was sore and extremely worn out. Hmmmm! My dear friend and mission buddy Kalli Kamauoha Wilson and I had scheduled before I even got to Utah to meet up and discuss some essential oil remedies for my postpartum depression and some problems my baby, Kawika was experiencing. She introduced me to doTerra essential oils and just by the smell of them I realized that I had found something amazing that would change my life and my family's wellness forever :)

How can I, with so much stress and anxiety, resist oil combinations with the names of Serenity, Balance, On Guard, and Elevation. I don't think my friend hokie or granola for introducing these medicines straight from God's garden... because before I met with her I had already been led to a book on consuming whole foods rather than processed unnatural foods and using herbal tinctures for my depression and it helped and I felt good BUT... when Piko returned I found it difficult to hold strong to my new lifestyle and the comfort of my husband had turned me toward my old eating habits.

Kalli gave me some samples of Serenity, On Guard, Elevation, Lavender, Frankincense and fractionated coconut oil (a carrier oil to use with the other oils on sensitive skin). Serenity was right away proven valuable... it calmed my then 22 month old daughter's tantrum in minutes... it helped me sleep... it gave me peace without feeling groggy. One by one each oil proved it's worth by keeping my children's colds from becoming full-blown, giving me happiness and energy, relieving a little burnt hand after it had touched mommy's curling iron, by healing an unsightly infection.

I soon realized I had to just get me a start up kit and slowly build up an arsenal of oils. And I did and I look forward to the next oil I will use to cure some other kind of ailment.

Which leads me to my release... after returning from Utah and seeing Piko off to Okinawa I decided I needed to go to the Dr. I hadn't had a period since June and that is so not like me, my body is like clock work... I thought that maybe it's the stress of my situation that was causing it. The night before my doctor's appointment I rubbed peppermint on my feet, my abdomen and on my shoulders and neck... Peppermint is known to have the ability to regulate a woman's monthly cycle... I then went to the Dr. the next day and had my exam and some blood drawn to test for thyroid problems. That night I started my period and it was a mess...3 months worth. The next week I went to have an ultra sound of my pelvis and my thyroid... it seemed to take forever and the way the ultrasound techs were talking as they probed me I instantly knew there was something there that was concerning... of course they could not disclose what they saw because they are not doctors. So two weeks later here I am. I finally found out the results of the ultrasounds and have been diagnosed with having polycystic ovaries and a swollen thyroid... which isn't very urgent but is still concerning because they both lead to the dreaded disease that burdens my family... the one that I have been running from since it attacked my eldest sister's life... DIABETES. I loathe that disease and am trying with all of my might to keep far from getting it but I am losing that battle, I fear, because I find myself too exhausted to exercise and eat right due to the late nights up with 5 young children and my entire day sitting around watching them play because I'm too tired to play with them. So many factors are now showing their ugly little faces in my life that tells me that I'm not as lazy as I've been thinking I am. For so long I felt that I had lost myself forever (the clean, overly organized, fun loving, take on a crowd person that I naturally am). All this time I've been blaming myself and trying to find something to get me out of this depressed sad state and now I know that my body was telling me that there is something wrong with my insides that needs to be addressed.... the worst part is that I had to find this all out when my husband, my buffer, my safety net, my comfort is so far away from me that I can't have him here to support me through all of these invasive tests. I thank the Lord moment by moment for blessing me and being mindful of my fears and needs while my love is so far away.

I am so grateful for these natural PURE essential oils that have become extremely ESSENTIAL to my life... my mind, body and spirit. They don't fill my husband's shoes at all but they do help me through this time away from him. This leads to how my testimony of how the Lord knows all things and will lead you to what you need when you need it.... thank you Kalli for being in the right place at the right time... you have helped me find my Balm of Gilead.


As for Wishful Wednesday... I wish that my husband were here with me and our children... I really could care less where we live as long as we are together... but until that wish comes true I'll continue to count my blessings because a cup cannot be filled by simply wishing.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Lynne-I am so sorry about the health problems you are going through without your hubby and with being a Mom of 5 little kids! It must be nice having your parents to help! I am glad you told me about your blog! It is great!! My parents have diabetes also and I hope I don't get it too. We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!