Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Still catching up on a couple months of life.

I have been dreading blogging because feelings get stirred up again and I realize that we are still in mourning of the passing of my husband's father. Luckily these pictures that I have digitally scrap booked are happy ones of family and good food so the hard part is yet to come in the next post.

We were very blessed to receive a package from Papa and Grandma Sheri several weeks before his passing. In the box were some Easter treats and a gift for Kanalu's 7th birthday which was about 3 weeks after the box arrived. We were in Hawaii during Kanalu's birthday so he opened his gifts at his Nani and Boomba's house. Luckily his gift from Piko and me was bought and wrapped before we left for Hawaii. Kanalu enjoyed his day with Nani and Boomba... had an ice cream cake and shrimp just like he wanted. He was very happy to get the drawing and reading books from Papa and Grandma... Mahalo to all for making his day a great one!


A week after the box came from Papa and Grandma Sheri another box arrived from Kaua'i but it was from Tutu Papa and Tutu Malia. They had sent Keiko a belated birthday gift. She so loves this little table. It makes her feel like a big girl because she can do her "school work" while sitting at it.


The day after Kulani, Josi, Lynea and I arrived on Kauai we ran a bunch of errands to find out what was going to happen for Piko and Kulani's daddy's memorial. After we were done we were hungry of course so we went to our favorite place to eat saimin... HAMURA'S.


There was a lot of stress and grief weighing us down so we decided to go to the beach at Salt Pond the next day. The water was cold but the sand was nice and warm so naturally Lynea would enjoy playing in the sand more than the water.

My testimony of prayer has been strengthened throughout this trial of my father-in-law's passing. I know that God hears and answers my prayers because He has done so so many times as we needed Him during our time of mourning. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He is the Son of The Living God and that through His atoning sacrifice we all will live again. Things of the world will turn to dust but this testimony that I have is ever lasting and no one can take it away from me, however, I can share it with you... what a wonderful thing a testimony is!

May the Lord bless you all with your righteous desires!

Photobucket

Digital back grounds and embellishments of all of my scrapbook layouts are made by Joni Gray.

5 comments:

  1. I hate the hard stuff. Someday the weight becomes easier to bear, but there is certainly no time line. We'll pray for you.

    On a happier not . . . I adore Lynea's bikini! How absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant on a happier "note." oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your na keki are growing up, so fast. Piko and Kanoe make gorgeous kids=0)

    It's hard times like your experiencing that bring us closer to God and we can feel his LOVE wrapped around us. The saddest times can be the most spiritual. Behind every trial is the most beautiful blessing. That doesn't mean we don't have to shed tears and be sad...it's a process....we all go through it in our own way and in our own time.

    Thank you for your testimony. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Lynea's swim suit is ADORABLE! Sorry, so superficial with all your spiritual stuff and reflections, but had to say it. I enjoy being strengthened by my friends testimonies as I continually am by yours. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings as you deal with all that has happened. Thinking of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I l♥ve the pictures :) Hope you have a blessed and beautiful day! ♥ HUGS ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!!