When we are patient and endure our trials we are greatly blessed and this situation we have experienced is one that we will never forget. We are so grateful that things have happened the way they did even tho' some of the events we've experienced were very painful. Heavenly Father does have a plan for us and as we endure the trials placed before us there are blessings that come... it's a matter of being close enough to Him to recognize those blessings because they come in ways some may not recognize as blessings and through people and situations we least expect.
My eyes have been opened and my heart has been humbled. I am seeking for righteousness even more today than I did yesterday!

Here's my hunny and his mom... she's a Major in the Air Force and was able to swear him in for the second time. What an honor and what a great story to tell our grand children some day!
Funny thought...
...if someone tells my Piko, "yo' mama wears combat boots," his reply will be, "yah and den!!!" LOL, I'm such a geek!
Speaking of combat boots... 6 years ago Sunday, Piko was in basic training and it was his birthday... he unknowingly was made dorm chief and was put on the spot for an airman who didn't tie his boots right. That day he did more push ups than he's ever done in his life.
Six years later he ate till he was tired and took a long nap under a sombrero.
(I need to get that pic from my in-laws)
(seriously)
Happy Belated Birthday Babe...
...you are the epitome of the Airman's Creed to me and our children!
The Airman's Creed
I am an American Airman.
I am a warrior.
I have answered my nation's call.
I am an American Airman.
My mission is to fly, fight, and win.
I am faithful to a proud heritage,
A tradition of honor,
And a legacy of valor.
I am an American Airman,
Guardian of freedom and justice,
My nation's sword and shield,
Its sentry and avenger.
I defend my country with my life.
I am an American Airman:
Wingman, leader, warrior.
I will never leave an Airman behind,
I will never falter,
And I will not fail.
love you hun... thanx for being you
...and for cutting back on the World of Warcraft playing, LOL!
Well congratulations! I can only imagine the stress that is gone now just knowing...been there so I can relate. And how cool is that Piko's mom got to swear him in??? Love that!
ReplyDeleteThat is so incredible! Isn't it amazing how you can sit back and see Heavenly Father's hand in everything?! Congrats - I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYeah....congrats! We wont be re-enlisting next year. We have a $30,000 bonus, but Phil would be gone for every six months in his new career feild. 6 months home 6 months gone. So we are cashing in the GI bill and he'll finish school and be a college english professor! Good luck to you guys though. We need men and women like your husband. Sorry to hear about his dad. Thank goodness for the gospel!
ReplyDeletewow...i didn't know about his mom. that's pretty dang cool. is she stationed near you? how awesome about being able to pick up a bonus too. very cool. too bad you can't go overseas, but what a blessing that he also can't deploy. that is such a huge relief. you get the stable job without having to worry about your hubby leaving. sweet!
ReplyDeleteI am glad everything worked out for you guys! I am also glad I got to talk to ya the other day! We miss you!
ReplyDeleteGlad things are looking up for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your life experiences. You are such a great mom and wife. Congrats Piko!
ReplyDeleteYaaaay for Piko! That collage of his mom swearing him in a second time is soooo cool! Can't wait to see you guys in two days!!
ReplyDeleteLove this post. Love the air force creed. Love that Piko's mom swore him in. Thank you for sharing this story.:)
ReplyDeletewoohoo...that is awesome about the re-enlistment...Greg keeps trying to go active and they keep putting road blocks in our way. Hopefully something good comes out of all these ups and downs! A bonus is always worth the while! So what? Lifer eh? Only 14 more years!!! Love you KD:)
ReplyDelete